Business Intelligence News, Features, and Interviews
When it comes to big data projects, the biggest challenge most organizations face, regardless of size, is staffing, says Peter Guerra, a principal in Booz Allen Hamilton's Strategic Innovation Group.
Amassing a pile of big data is not sufficient to spur insight, even if you have clever ways of analyzing that data. The savvy data scientist must also find a way to make all this information tell a story so it can be understandable to others.
It's good to be Salesforce -- and increasingly bad to be anybody else.
Over the past few years, Hadoop and big data have exploded onto the tech landscape, garnering attention on par with cloud and mobile. But that may all be about to change, says Mike Olson, co-founder, chairman and CSO of Hadoop distribution vendor Cloudera.
Hadoop specialist Hortonworks today announced that the newest version of its Hadoop distribution, Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.2, will become generally available in November.
The knock against Salesforce.com has long been for its lack of robust analytics, but the company is hoping to change that perception and challenge the competition with Wave, its sixth discrete Cloud service.
An analysis of U.S. employee web searches for healthcare services showed that millennials search more frequently for anti-anxiety meds and women use specific medical terms while men tend to generalize.
While still a nascent market in China, the production and sale of 3D printers are expected to quadruple over the next four years, according to a new report.
The Project: Deploy open-source data analytics software to measure the effectiveness of online display advertising at Progressive Insurance.
Continuing its efforts to bring business intelligence to the masses, software provider Qlik has released Qlik Sense, which is designed to provide business managers with an easy way to examine large data sets for insights and trends.
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
- How the FIDO Alliance's U2F could simplify two-factor authentication
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- FTC appoints privacy researcher Soltani as chief technologist
- Criminals traded 110 million stolen credentials in 2014, Experian says
- Bunnings drives productivity with iPod Touch rollout
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines
- Microsoft releases first Windows 10 update, starts testing fast-paced delivery system
- NASA orbiter and rover send back first looks at comet Siding Spring
- Samsung now producing 32GB DRAM modules, 128GB to follow