News, Features, and Interviews
"In any given industry, within about three years something is going to be introduced that will force you to rethink what your business model is," says Evan Stubbs, SAS’ chief analytics officer for Australia and New Zealand. And what about SAS itself?
There’s “an awful lot of black art” in the discipline says Professor Bob Williamson, chief scientist of CSIRO’s Data 61 group.
Between recent controversies over Facebook's Trending Topics feature and the U.S. legal system's "risk assessment" scores in dealing with criminal defendants, there's probably never been broader interest in the mysterious algorithms that are making decisions about our lives.
The rise of the citizen data scientist has placed a new premium on easy-to-use analytics tools, and on Tuesday Datameer announced a fresh version of its namesake platform designed with that imperative in mind.
It's no secret that analytics is eating the enterprise world, but if there's anything in perpetually short supply, it's speed.
The NSW government's soon to be launched innovation strategy will include a ‘concierge style’ service for entrepreneurs and inventors, Victor Dominello, the state's minister for innovation and better regulation said on Friday.
Marketers can tap virtually limitless volumes of data about customers' online activities, but the offline world isn't nearly as forthcoming. That's where SAP aims to help.
SAP has updated its flagship Hana in-memory computing platform with a raft of new features designed to make IT simpler while giving organizations a better handle on their data.
Big data is now a familiar term in most of the business world, and companies large and small are scrambling to take advantage of it. Data exhaust, on the other hand, is less widely known, and in some ways it's an evil twin brother.
Roughly half of all Web traffic comes from bots and crawlers, and that's costing companies a boatload of money.
Data science is a hot new career, but companies still aren't sure how to best use these employees. Here’s how to hire data scientists with a clear strategy in place.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Suncorp-backed startup brings on-demand insurance to Australian consumers
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 May
- How this marketer got a traditional manufacturing business to embrace digital
- David Jones marketing chief departs; digital executive role created
- Mercer CMO: How B2B brands can achieve customer love