- The week in security: Governments back cybersecurity; new hope in ransomware flood
- Google advances Android password-killer: due this year
- A recently patched Flash Player exploit is being used in widespread attacks
- Are organisations failing to prioritise security?
- Will inspecting electronic devices pose a potential privacy threat?
- 10 July 2015 18:32
NAKIVO Releases v5.7 with Full Support for VMware vSphere 6 and Repository Encryption
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software company for VMware environments, has announced today that it has released NAKIVO Backup & Replication v5.7.
Tweet This: NAKIVO released v5.7 with full support for VMware vSphere 6 and repository encryption
The new version provides the full support for the recently released VMware vSphere 6, including support for Virtual Volumes (VVols), VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) 2.0, as well as support for other new features introduced in vSphere 6.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v5.7 also adds the Backup Repository Encryption feature. Now customers can choose to encrypt the entire backup repository to ensure backup data security. If the feature is enabled, the product will encrypt the repository destination (using ecryptfs for folders and cryptsetup (crypt-md) in LUKS mode for devices/partitions) prior to creating the backup repository. If the encrypted backup repository is imported in another instance of the product, the encryption password will be required to import the repository.
“We are excited to provide full support for VMware’s latest release of vSphere in NAKIVO Backup & Replication,” said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "As a VMware Elite level partner, NAKIVO is committed to continuously improving the product to enable a better VMware data protection experience.”
Named one of the “Top 10 Virtualization Startups you'll Hear about in 2015” by TechTarget, and one of the “Top 20 Coolest Cloud Computing Vendors of 2015” by CRN Magazine, NAKIVO enables protecting VMware environments more reliably, efficiently, and cost effectively. NAKIVO Backup & Replication is VMware-certified, purely agentless, and can be deployed on both Linux and Windows in a matter of minutes. Featuring a simple and intuitive Web UI, the product can back up and replicate VMware VMs onsite, offsite, and to private/public clouds. NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports live applications and databases, instantly recovers VMs, files, and application objects directly from compressed and de-duplicated VM backups, speeds up data transfer with network acceleration, and reduces data size with global deduplication and compression.
Backup to Cloud: www.nakivo.com/vmware-cloud-backup-as-a-service.htm
Success Stories: www.nakivo.com/success-stories.htm
Trial Download: www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO is a privately-held software company that has been profitable since founding in 2012. With more than 5,500 customers - including many Fortune 1,000 companies - and over 800 channel partners across 102 countries worldwide, NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for clouds and VMware virtualized environments. NAKIVO provides a fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup and replication solution for enabling SMBs and enterprises to protect and recover VM data onsite, offsite, and to the cloud. NAKIVO has also enabled over 50 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers to create and offer VM Backup-as-a-Service, Replication-as-a-Service, and DR-as-a-Service to their customers. NAKIVO was the first virtualization backup specialist to offer SMBs cloud backup to public clouds such as Amazon and multi-tenancy to cloud service providers and enterprise customers. For more information, please visit www.nakivo.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Westcon-Comstor Imagine 2016: Symantec and the Cloud paradox
- IBM turnaround continues with up to 14,000 jobs facing the axe
- NEXTGEN calls on culture guru to take Oracle partners to the Cloud
- Adobe pushes further into the Cloud with CIO appointment
- Westcon-Comstor Imagine 2016: We’ve injected Cloud DNA into our business
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
- Google and Oracle's Android copyright fight is up to a jury now
- This site aims to be the Yelp of the SaaS world
- This ping pong robot can be programmed to be the perfect partner
- Intel partners with Vivid to launch new interactive 3D experience
- How HealthEngine boosted its customer management strategy with CRM
- Data pooling competition heats up as Data Republic secures $10.5m investment boost
- Using the power of movies at IAG to improve digital customer experiences
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 20 May