- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AI will help virtualised data containers manage their own security, access control
- The week in security: Apple patches iOS 0-day, new attack decrypts HTTPS
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- 17 June 2013 12:54
Polycom Unveils RealPresence® Mobile 3.0 and RealPresence® Desktop 3.0
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced that Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite, a software solution that extends secure, enterprise-grade video collaboration to anyone with a Web browser, has achieved VMware Ready™ status. This designation indicates that Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite has undergone detailed test procedures and is supported on VMware vSphere® 5.0 for production environments.
“Businesses around the world are using video collaboration as a mission-critical application to increase productivity, and are looking to further scale this collaboration technology,” said A.E. Natarajan, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Engineering, Polycom. “By using Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite with VMware vSphere® 5.0, enterprises can now deploy video collaboration in a virtualised VMware environment, in addition to an on-premises deployment running on custom-built systems. The VMware certification can help customers further scale their video collaboration environments, helping to reduce TCO and optimise performance.”
“We are pleased that Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite qualifies for the VMware Ready™ logo, signifying to customers that it works effectively with VMware vSphere®, and can be deployed in production with confidence,” said Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware.
About Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite
Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is a software extension of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform that enables universal access to secure, enterprise-grade video collaboration to any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C) at the highest quality, reliability and security. With Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, businesses simply send a URL link in an email or calendar invitation to anyone with a browser and camera, allowing others to join a secure, enterprise-grade quality video meeting using their smartphone, tablet, computer or video room system.
The achievement of VMware Ready status for the Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is another milestone on Polycom’s strategic path to deliver more video collaboration solutions through virtualised software environments. The VMware Ready programme is a co-branding benefit of the Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) programme that makes it easy for customers to identify partner products certified to work with VMware cloud infrastructure. Customers can use these products and solutions to lower project risks and realise cost savings over custom-built solutions. With thousands of members worldwide, the VMware TAP program includes best-of-breed technology partners with the shared commitment to bring the best expertise and business solution for each unique customer need.
For more information on the Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, see the related press release orvisit the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX) at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/cloudaxis-suite#.UZ_CG7WccWJ.
Polycom is the global leader in open standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) solutions for voice and video collaboration, trusted by more than 415,000 customers around the world. Polycom solutions are powered by the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich APIs that interoperate with the broadest set of communication, business, mobile and cloud applications and devices to deliver secure face-to-face video collaboration in any environment. Polycom and its ecosystem of over 7,000 partners provide truly unified communications solutions that deliver the best user experience, highest multi-vendor interoperability, and lowest TCO. Visit www.polycom.asia or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn how we’re pushing the greatness of human collaboration forward.
NOTE: The product plans, specifications, and descriptions herein are provided for information only and subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Polycom reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. Products and related specifications referenced herein are not guaranteed and will be delivered on a when and if available basis.
© 2013 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
VMware, VMware vSphere and VMware Ready are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE