- AI will help virtualised data containers manage their own security, access control
- The week in security: Apple patches iOS 0-day, new attack decrypts HTTPS
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- 5 security practices hackers say make their lives harder
- 27 February 2013 18:23
Veeam Software Reports Record-Breaking Year for APAC in 2012
Sydney – February 27, 2013 –– Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced strong year on year growth results for APAC. For the financial year 2012, annual bookings revenue grew 67 per cent across the APAC region, while new licence bookings revenue increased 52 per cent compared to the previous year.
Veeam’s business in Australia has seen a 62 per cent increase in total revenue bookings for the full year 2012. New licence bookings revenue grew 46 per cent during that time.
“In 2012, Veeam brought its innovative solutions to a growing number of organisations keen to manage and protect their data,” said Don Williams, Regional Director APAC, Veeam Software. “Businesses in Asia Pacific are continuing to embrace virtualisation and we are delighted to have attracted 1,500 new customers across the region over the past year. We are in a strong position for 2013 and are looking forward to expanding further across the region.”
A key driver of regional Veeam’s expansion is its rapidly accelerating cloud business, which has seen revenue growth of 174 per cent in 2012, and 235 per cent in Q4, YoY.
Key Veeam APAC highlights in 2012:
Customers – Increasing adoption of virtualisation in Asia Pacific has resulted in strong demand for back up and management solutions and the company attracted more than 1,500 new customers in the region. Globally, Veeam ended the year with more than 57,000 customers worldwide and more than eight million Virtual Machines (VMs) protected.
Partners – Avnet joined Connector Systems, Ingram Micro and NewLease as the company’s fourth distributor in Australia, to support resellers in taking Veeam’s award winning solutions for virtual infrastructure management and data protection, storage and security solutions to market. Veeam’s business in Asia Pacific is 100 per cent driven through the channel.
Offices - The opening of its Singapore office in Q3 2012 accelerated the growth and has served as a launch pad for expansion into other Asian markets, such as India.
Products – Veeam continued innovation with noteworthy releases:
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 - The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Veeam Backup Management Suite - Combines Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and the new Veeam ONE 6.5 in a single integrated solution for powerful, easy-to-use and affordable data protection and virtualization management.
Backup Free Edition - For VMware and Hyper-V, the product brings a new VeeamZIP capability for ad-hoc backups, Instant File-Level Recovery and more – all available at no cost. Backup Free Edition is the successor to Veeam FastSCP, an extremely popular free utility with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
Veeam’s investment in the APAC region for 2013 includes plans to expand into Hong Kong and grow its Singapore presence by a further 20 per cent. The company also continues to boost its APAC customer support operations with a growing team of engineers based in its regional headquarters in Sydney.
Veeam expects this momentum to continue in 2013 and is projecting growth of 55 per cent growth in the year ahead.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualisation management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualisation tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Frustrated by Congress, Obama creates startup visa-like program
- By going private, Rackspace looks to fuel its cloud evolution