- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Phishing apps posing as popular payment services infiltrate Google Play
- Security pros concerned about Facebook payment expansion
- 27 February 2013 18:23
Veeam Software Reports Record-Breaking Year for APAC in 2012
Sydney – February 27, 2013 –– Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced strong year on year growth results for APAC. For the financial year 2012, annual bookings revenue grew 67 per cent across the APAC region, while new licence bookings revenue increased 52 per cent compared to the previous year.
Veeam’s business in Australia has seen a 62 per cent increase in total revenue bookings for the full year 2012. New licence bookings revenue grew 46 per cent during that time.
“In 2012, Veeam brought its innovative solutions to a growing number of organisations keen to manage and protect their data,” said Don Williams, Regional Director APAC, Veeam Software. “Businesses in Asia Pacific are continuing to embrace virtualisation and we are delighted to have attracted 1,500 new customers across the region over the past year. We are in a strong position for 2013 and are looking forward to expanding further across the region.”
A key driver of regional Veeam’s expansion is its rapidly accelerating cloud business, which has seen revenue growth of 174 per cent in 2012, and 235 per cent in Q4, YoY.
Key Veeam APAC highlights in 2012:
Customers – Increasing adoption of virtualisation in Asia Pacific has resulted in strong demand for back up and management solutions and the company attracted more than 1,500 new customers in the region. Globally, Veeam ended the year with more than 57,000 customers worldwide and more than eight million Virtual Machines (VMs) protected.
Partners – Avnet joined Connector Systems, Ingram Micro and NewLease as the company’s fourth distributor in Australia, to support resellers in taking Veeam’s award winning solutions for virtual infrastructure management and data protection, storage and security solutions to market. Veeam’s business in Asia Pacific is 100 per cent driven through the channel.
Offices - The opening of its Singapore office in Q3 2012 accelerated the growth and has served as a launch pad for expansion into other Asian markets, such as India.
Products – Veeam continued innovation with noteworthy releases:
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 - The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Veeam Backup Management Suite - Combines Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and the new Veeam ONE 6.5 in a single integrated solution for powerful, easy-to-use and affordable data protection and virtualization management.
Backup Free Edition - For VMware and Hyper-V, the product brings a new VeeamZIP capability for ad-hoc backups, Instant File-Level Recovery and more – all available at no cost. Backup Free Edition is the successor to Veeam FastSCP, an extremely popular free utility with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
Veeam’s investment in the APAC region for 2013 includes plans to expand into Hong Kong and grow its Singapore presence by a further 20 per cent. The company also continues to boost its APAC customer support operations with a growing team of engineers based in its regional headquarters in Sydney.
Veeam expects this momentum to continue in 2013 and is projecting growth of 55 per cent growth in the year ahead.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualisation management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualisation tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
- EMC World 2016: What can Aussie partners expect?
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- GE forks out $100m for building automation and E-IoT start-up, Daintree Networks
- Ingram Micro sales slump 12 per cent worldwide in Q1 FY2016
- 2016 ARN Emerging Leaders awards – few days left, get your nominations in
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- Microsoft declares Cortana search box as Bing- and Edge-only turf
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- How AMEX is using data to build great mobile-led customer experiences
- 4 tips to boost your content marketing game
- Zuckerberg sees 'better than human' AI in next 10 years
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 28 Apr
- Report: Brand/agency partnerships in jeopardy from customer data and martech challenges