- OpenSSL: last week’s minor bug patch introduced a critical flaw
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
- Va. senator wants SEC probe of massive Yahoo breach
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- 27 February 2013 18:23
Veeam Software Reports Record-Breaking Year for APAC in 2012
Sydney – February 27, 2013 –– Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced strong year on year growth results for APAC. For the financial year 2012, annual bookings revenue grew 67 per cent across the APAC region, while new licence bookings revenue increased 52 per cent compared to the previous year.
Veeam’s business in Australia has seen a 62 per cent increase in total revenue bookings for the full year 2012. New licence bookings revenue grew 46 per cent during that time.
“In 2012, Veeam brought its innovative solutions to a growing number of organisations keen to manage and protect their data,” said Don Williams, Regional Director APAC, Veeam Software. “Businesses in Asia Pacific are continuing to embrace virtualisation and we are delighted to have attracted 1,500 new customers across the region over the past year. We are in a strong position for 2013 and are looking forward to expanding further across the region.”
A key driver of regional Veeam’s expansion is its rapidly accelerating cloud business, which has seen revenue growth of 174 per cent in 2012, and 235 per cent in Q4, YoY.
Key Veeam APAC highlights in 2012:
Customers – Increasing adoption of virtualisation in Asia Pacific has resulted in strong demand for back up and management solutions and the company attracted more than 1,500 new customers in the region. Globally, Veeam ended the year with more than 57,000 customers worldwide and more than eight million Virtual Machines (VMs) protected.
Partners – Avnet joined Connector Systems, Ingram Micro and NewLease as the company’s fourth distributor in Australia, to support resellers in taking Veeam’s award winning solutions for virtual infrastructure management and data protection, storage and security solutions to market. Veeam’s business in Asia Pacific is 100 per cent driven through the channel.
Offices - The opening of its Singapore office in Q3 2012 accelerated the growth and has served as a launch pad for expansion into other Asian markets, such as India.
Products – Veeam continued innovation with noteworthy releases:
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 - The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Veeam Backup Management Suite - Combines Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and the new Veeam ONE 6.5 in a single integrated solution for powerful, easy-to-use and affordable data protection and virtualization management.
Backup Free Edition - For VMware and Hyper-V, the product brings a new VeeamZIP capability for ad-hoc backups, Instant File-Level Recovery and more – all available at no cost. Backup Free Edition is the successor to Veeam FastSCP, an extremely popular free utility with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
Veeam’s investment in the APAC region for 2013 includes plans to expand into Hong Kong and grow its Singapore presence by a further 20 per cent. The company also continues to boost its APAC customer support operations with a growing team of engineers based in its regional headquarters in Sydney.
Veeam expects this momentum to continue in 2013 and is projecting growth of 55 per cent growth in the year ahead.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualisation management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualisation tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Innovation Game - Can ASX-listed businesses and start-ups learn from each other?
- Just how addicted are Aussies to the internet?
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise hones in on local channel following partner program revamp
- Is price preventing cloud adoption in Australia?
- Vodafone blames router issues for network outage
- As Adobe, Microsoft Azure ink cloud partnership, Amazon looms
- Microsoft commits to running data centers off 50% renewable energy by 2018
- MIT aims to makes sense of Twitter’s presidential debate firehose
- Microsoft confirms Windows 10 adoption slowdown
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
- Report: Australians still love a customer loyalty program
- Adobe Marketing Cloud to run on Microsoft Azure under new partnership
- Why CMO tenure is falling and what you can do about it
- How this university team is improving email marketing on a shoestring budget
- How an emerging radiation technology could help brands identify consumers in future