- Mobile users 'more likely to be struck by lightning' than infected by malware
- Government-private sector collaboration vital for cyber security: Brandis
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Australia's online ads less fraudulent but lower quality than elsewhere
- Project Fi will help Google amass even more data about you
- 27 February 2013 18:23
Veeam Software Reports Record-Breaking Year for APAC in 2012
Sydney – February 27, 2013 –– Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced strong year on year growth results for APAC. For the financial year 2012, annual bookings revenue grew 67 per cent across the APAC region, while new licence bookings revenue increased 52 per cent compared to the previous year.
Veeam’s business in Australia has seen a 62 per cent increase in total revenue bookings for the full year 2012. New licence bookings revenue grew 46 per cent during that time.
“In 2012, Veeam brought its innovative solutions to a growing number of organisations keen to manage and protect their data,” said Don Williams, Regional Director APAC, Veeam Software. “Businesses in Asia Pacific are continuing to embrace virtualisation and we are delighted to have attracted 1,500 new customers across the region over the past year. We are in a strong position for 2013 and are looking forward to expanding further across the region.”
A key driver of regional Veeam’s expansion is its rapidly accelerating cloud business, which has seen revenue growth of 174 per cent in 2012, and 235 per cent in Q4, YoY.
Key Veeam APAC highlights in 2012:
Customers – Increasing adoption of virtualisation in Asia Pacific has resulted in strong demand for back up and management solutions and the company attracted more than 1,500 new customers in the region. Globally, Veeam ended the year with more than 57,000 customers worldwide and more than eight million Virtual Machines (VMs) protected.
Partners – Avnet joined Connector Systems, Ingram Micro and NewLease as the company’s fourth distributor in Australia, to support resellers in taking Veeam’s award winning solutions for virtual infrastructure management and data protection, storage and security solutions to market. Veeam’s business in Asia Pacific is 100 per cent driven through the channel.
Offices - The opening of its Singapore office in Q3 2012 accelerated the growth and has served as a launch pad for expansion into other Asian markets, such as India.
Products – Veeam continued innovation with noteworthy releases:
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 - The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Veeam Backup Management Suite - Combines Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and the new Veeam ONE 6.5 in a single integrated solution for powerful, easy-to-use and affordable data protection and virtualization management.
Backup Free Edition - For VMware and Hyper-V, the product brings a new VeeamZIP capability for ad-hoc backups, Instant File-Level Recovery and more – all available at no cost. Backup Free Edition is the successor to Veeam FastSCP, an extremely popular free utility with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
Veeam’s investment in the APAC region for 2013 includes plans to expand into Hong Kong and grow its Singapore presence by a further 20 per cent. The company also continues to boost its APAC customer support operations with a growing team of engineers based in its regional headquarters in Sydney.
Veeam expects this momentum to continue in 2013 and is projecting growth of 55 per cent growth in the year ahead.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualisation management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualisation tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- IN PICTURES: RSA Conference 2015, San Francisco, April 20-24 (+37 photos)
- Technology investment in SMEs set to escalate in 2015: Robert Half
- Bulletproof increases focus on southern region in Australia with new senior hire
- EXCLUSIVE: Huawei and iCITA - a partnership cemented in the datacentre
- HP nabs Randstad most attractive employer in ICT award
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement