- Twitter suspends accounts that lured ISIS supporters to install spyware
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Kaspersky researchers love “Mr. Robot” hacker but claim no Snowden ties
- Donald Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email
- 27 February 2013 17:14
HID Global Unveils Turnkey ActivID Appliance Solution for Strong and Versatile Authentication
SAN FRANCISCO, February 27, 2013 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced its new ActivID® Appliance solution for strong authentication. Enabling organizations to protect corporate data against unauthorized access, ActivID Appliance is an essential component to ensure enterprise data security across numerous industries including banking, government and healthcare. Targeted at medium to large organizations, the versatile appliance is interoperable with the widest range of authentication methods to ensure an organization’s employees, consultants, partners, and customers have secure and appropriate access to corporate data and online applications.
ActivID Appliance, formerly 4TRESS™ Authentication Appliance, is a full SAML v2 compliant identity provider, available as both a hardware appliance and a virtual appliance. Providing comprehensive multi-layered and versatile strong authentication, including ActivID Threat Detection Service, it gives enterprises the ability to secure a mobile workforce, enabling the use of personal and corporate mobile phones for two factor authentication.
“HID Global works closely with customers in every industry, from banking and government to healthcare and the enterprise, and their feedback is consistent across the board – they need a reliable and secure way to validate user identity that does not add unnecessary complexity to their existing environments,” said Yves Massard, director of product management, Identity Assurance with HID Global. “We developed the ActivID Appliance based on this input to improve the ease of deployment and management, while ensuring the highest level of security for end-users accessing data over the public Internet using all types of devices.”
New ActivID Appliance Features: • Simpler and improved high-availability with automatic recovery after network failure. • Customizable and customizable self-service portal allows users to establish and maintain their own credentials or tokens without IT admin support. • Control over which soft token platform is used in a particular environment (e.g. a user can decide to enable iOS®, Windows® and Blackberry® but disable usage from Android and J2ME phones). • Version control for any and all soft tokens, providing customers with additional options for risk mitigation. • Multiple security domains, allowing segregated management of different groups (e.g. employees and customers). • SNMP v3 monitoring. • Premium hardware support option with advance replacement and on-site warranty replacement.
Availability HID Global’s ActivID Appliance is available immediately through channel partners. Click here for more information. Stay Connected with HID Global Visit our Media Center, read our Industry Blog, subscribe to our RSS Feed and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. About HID Global Identity Assurance Solutions HID Global Identity Assurance solutions enable customers to prove and establish trust in a person’s identity when accessing resources on the network. The business’s strong authentication and smart card solutions are relied upon by more agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, than any other provider, and has issued more than 100 million credentials to enterprise, government and commerce customers. About HID Global HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Primary brands are ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
®HID and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global Corp in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- The Internet of Things? What matters is ‘The Analytics of Everything’
- Justice minister launches Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Vodafone registers sharp decline in customer complaints
- Freelancer reports record revenue and leap in user numbers
- New site helps navigate legal aspects of 3D printing
- How a new digital and data strategy for agriculture is helping farmers innovate
- Customer-first vision drives iSelect to implement Salesforce Service Cloud
- Report shows consumers value culturally connected brands
- How Coles united its digital analytics efforts
- Why Carnival Cruises chose personalised retargeting to attract customers