- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- Integrate encryption with device management to overcome key-management issues: LANDESK
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Telcos, government agencies least trusted to protect Australians' privacy
- 27 February 2013 13:32
ALSPEC Primes Supply Chain for Business Growth with Manhattan Associates
Global supply chain optimisation provider Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: MANH) today announced that ALSPEC, the Australian market leader in the design and distribution of innovative aluminium systems, has enjoyed a number of significant operational benefits following the successful implementation of the Manhattan SCALE™ product suite throughout its eight distribution centres (DCs) across Australia including Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane.
“As a market-leading distributor in innovative aluminium systems, it is imperative that ALSPEC has a cutting edge and highly optimised supply chain infrastructure in place. Access to critical information in real time at each of our distribution centres is essential to ensuring we can meet the increasingly sophisticated requirements of our customers,” explained Wayne Larsen, national operations manager at ALSPEC.
Following a review of the company’s critical systems to help identify ways IT could be leveraged more effectively to enable and drive continued growth, ALSPEC recognised the need to upgrade from its legacy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, which had an in-built, but limited warehouse and distribution management capability.
“We offer a wide range of window and door systems to businesses in Australia and with approximately 400 staff, we are a sizeable organisation. As a company that is focused on continued growth and expansion, we realised it was time to move away from the outdated, paper-based ERP system we currently had in place and replace it with an industry leading ERP solution and a complementary but stand-alone Warehouse Management System (WMS), both of which are best in class solutions and both of which have the scalability to grow with us in the future,” said Larsen.
ALSPEC made the decision to implement the Manhattan SCALE™ solution because it wanted a proven supply chain solution that could support its business for the long term. In addition, the solution needed to be both flexible and robust enough to effectively address the challenges the company had previously struggled with when operating a manual based system including:
· Accelerating goods flows
· Enhanced inventory management and control
· More efficient and flexible picking and packing methodologies
· Improved license plate tracking for cross-dock orders
· More efficient labour management
· Enhanced stock visibility and accuracy
“Manhattan Associates is recognised globally as a leader in supply chain innovation. Having reviewed Manhattan SCALE and assessed it against our specific requirements, we quickly ascertained it would be able to meet our current and future needs,” said Larsen.
ALSPEC has already experienced numerous benefits across the company’s distribution operations since implementing Manhattan SCALE including improved inventory management and control, increased stock visibility and accuracy and more efficient labour management.
“We have been extremely pleased since deploying Manhattan SCALE,” affirmed Larsen. “It works seamlessly with both our new and old ERP systems, which truly demonstrates the flexible nature of the solution. Most importantly, Manhattan SCALE has the scalability to support our ongoing growth and enables us to deliver superior service to our customers at all times.”
Commenting on the announcement, Raghav Sibal, managing director Australia and New Zealand at Manhattan Associates said, “ALSPEC has been an industry leader for almost 40 years. The company prides itself on developing ground breaking systems with technology at the forefront of that innovation - a vision we also share at Manhattan Associates. Manhattan SCALE is a perfect fit for organisations looking for a flexible, high performing, and low-risk supply chain solution. We are really pleased that ALSPEC is leveraging the full capabilities of the Manhattan SCALE solution to meet its business goals and to ensure the company’s ongoing success.”
Receive up-to-date product, customer and partner news directly from Manhattan Associates on Twitter and Facebook.
Established in 1974, ALSPEC is the market leader in the design and distribution of innovative aluminium systems to the architectural, industrial and home improvement markets. The company’s range of quality, tested products together with our professional and personal service ensures we are uniquely positioned to support the growth of your business.
With a national network of over 400 staff and eight locations, ALSPEC is a wholly Australian-owned private company at the forefront of the Australian Aluminium Systems market. ALSPEC's long established history of robust financial integrity has positioned the company well to respond to increasingly sophisticated customer requirements.
ALSPEC has invested heavily in research and development to ensure a continual supply of ground-breaking systems, improved products and new technology. This includes the company’s own NATA accredited testing facility in Brisbane where ALSPEC tests window and door systems to ensure they meet all of the required air and water penetration standards. For more information, please visit http://www.alspec.com.au/
About Manhattan Associates, Inc.
Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 23-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimisation core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE®, a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organisations optimise their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft .NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™, a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.au.
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Using customer personas while maintaining excellence: The key to omnichannel
- UXC Oxygen appoints Craig Stevenson as business manager
- Ransomware in Australia has seen a steady growth in the past six months: Bitdefender
- Canon opens the doors on new headquarters in Brisbane (+14 photos)
- Gartner explains how businesses can simplify the mid-market datacentre
- Cisco launches Internet of Everything Innovation Centre in WA
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in