- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Crooks are selling a skimmer that works on all chip card readers
- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- 27 November 2012 19:22
Yellowfin 6.2 to tackle historically low Business Intelligence user adoption
Register for the official Webinar launch here: http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFCommunityNews-Yellowfin-6-2-launch-Webinar-A-better-way-to-deliver-BI-121552 Yellowfin CEO, Glen Rabie, said that the release included many significant enhancements and additions to the vendor’s Collaborative BI capabilities, aimed at addressing notoriously low BI user adoption rates. “The consumerization of BI only got it half right – we needed to make BI easier; and we have,” said Rabie. “But most people don’t want to write reports or do self-service analysis. They just want answers. And, they want to share those answers with the people they trust, enabling them to collaborative and then make better decisions. That’s what Yellowfin 6.2 is all about.” Recent studies by TDWI and BIScorecard suggest that most BI deployments only experience a 24 or 25 percent adoption rate. International analyst and advisory firm, Gartner, has previously stated that 80 percent of BI projects fail, citing poor communication and collaboration as the primary reasons. “The failure rates of BI implementations, and persistently low user adoption rates, are indeed reflective of our inability to reimagine the way in which we communicate the key messages represented by data,” said Rabie. “According to Information Masters, 75 percent of BI success is determined by factors other than data and core analytical technology – so thinking about how data is presented, shared and discussed in order to enable effective decision–making is paramount.” Rabie said that when developing new content sharing and presentation functionality for 6.2, to enable a wider breadth of users and user types to benefit from BI content, Yellowfin turned to common models and patterns of content creation and consumption found in prominent social media platforms. “Bradley Horowitz, VP of Product for Google+, said Google applied the 1:9:90 rule to Google+, stating that social software sites don’t require 100 percent active participation to generate great value,” said Rabie. “What he meant by this, is that only around one percent of users have to create content for that platform to provide a rich and valuable experience for its total usership. Nine percent of the user base then synthesizes and shares that information, while the other 90 percent simply consumes it – and that’s all they want to do. “Eighty to ninety percent of potential BI users simply want to use the insight generated by their BI tool to make better decisions. They don’t want to create content. If you can facilitate that need, you can unlock the usefulness and power of BI and instill an analytic culture throughout an organization – that’s what we’ve achieved with Yellowfin 6.2.” Register for the official Webinar launch of Yellowfin 6.2 here: http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFCommunityNews-Yellowfin-6-2-launch-Webinar-A-better-way-to-deliver-BI-121552 About Yellowfin Yellowfin is a global Business Intelligence (BI) software vendor passionate about making BI easy. Yellowfin is headquartered and developed in Melbourne, Australia, offering a highly intuitive 100 percent Web-based reporting and analytics solution. Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is a leader in mobile, collaborative and embeddable BI as well as Location Intelligence and data visualization. For more information, visit www.yellowfinbi.com What is Business Intelligence software? Business Intelligence (BI) refers to a broad range of computer software applications and tools used to report, analyze and present data in a range of formats, to help businesses identify trends and opportunities, and support fundamental decision-making. For further media information, interviews, images or product demonstration, please contact: Lachlan James, Communications Manager on +61 03 9090 0454, 0431 835 658 or firstname.lastname@example.org For regular updates and news, follow Yellowfin on Twitter (@YellowfinBI), LinkedIn (Yellowfin Business Intelligence), or email email@example.com to subscribe to Yellowfin’s free e-newsletter. For more information:
var sc_project=8340017; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="2c3bc475";
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Digital chief and data key to City of Sydney's community approach, says Forster
- How data insight is helping transform Cure Brain Cancer Foundation's marketing and comms
- GroupM goes for 100% viewability with Twitter ad campaign trials
- A day in the working life of tomorrow’s marketer
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms