- 12 June 2012 17:09
Why trade promotions management?
The typical trade promotion management (TPM) process is complex, uncoordinated and based on spreadsheets. Therefore, companies find it difficult to develop an understanding of the effectiveness of their trade promotions:
- Companies don’t have or have limited access to the right information.
- Poor promotion processes make it challenging to determine how sales growth could be achieved using trade promotions.
- Companies are not able to compare the distributional effects of several financial and promotions with each other.
- Lack of measures of trade promotion data and performance signify companies lack the information on their effectiveness.
- Little automation between offices and branches on promotion plans execution.
Trade promotions management software assists companies by managing every facet of complex trade promotion. Proper trade promotion management improves the transparency of and enables a precise evaluation of financial results.
Trade promotions management software improves sales volumes and margins. Some solutions also include business processes and other features necessary to improve promotional activities, enabling the administration to make adjustments to advertising budgets, account planning, sales and receivables management. Documenting a trade promotion from inception through to evaluation.
Typical trade promotion management software should have the following features:
- Automatic target-alignment of campaigns
- Evaluation option for marketing or account, managers, customers, brand and product.
- Volume and profitability forecasts for production planning.
- Real-time transmission of information.
- End-to end strategic planning from calendar execution to promo execution.
- Audit and settlement functionalities.
- Event planning, item selection and execution management capabilities.
- Enhance speed to market decision based on categories.
- Empower users to make instant decisions.
In addition, the tool provides trade spend effectiveness reporting and metrics based on trade spend vs. budget, promotion ROI, trade spend uplift, trade spend on merchandise method, total promotion profit, order fulfillment and market share.
Find out more: www.salesatwork.comVia: WhaTech
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
The most comprehensive assessment of the current state of enterprise application quality and testing practices available from around the world. With our 1550 respondents, Capgemini, HP & Sogeti bring you ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia