- 27 March 2012 11:42
Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 wins Network Computing's Data Center Product of the Year award
SYDNEY, March 27, 2012. Extreme Networks, Inc. announced today that its flagship Open Fabric switch, the BlackDiamond® X8, has been named Network Computing UK's 2012 'Data Center Product of the Year.'
Magazine readers voted the switch as the most significant offering in the closely watched data centre space where the topic of network fabrics, the cloud and virtualisation have come to the forefront.
"The tremendous performance, energy efficiency and scalability of the BlackDiamond X8 switch make it a leader in these respects and we are proud to receive this honour from Network Computing's readers," said David Ginsburg, Chief Marketing Officer for Extreme Networks.
This award follows Extreme Networks’ performance leadership in the November 2011 Lippis Report evaluation of its modular data centre switch. The BlackDiamond X8 Open Fabric switch offers the highest tested 10GbE and 40GbE port density to seamlessly support up to 768 wire-speed 10GbE connected servers in 1/3 of a 42 RU rack or 2,304 servers in a full rack.
Under cloud network conditions during the Lippis tests, the Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 maintained wire-speed across 192 40GbE ports configured in in a full mesh. The switch performed remarkably well with lossless throughput at 100% bi-directional capacity and with the ports demonstrating the lowest latency of all 10 and 40 GbE modular switches tested, at 2.3 microseconds for 64 byte packets.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks is a market leader in high-performance Ethernet switching for cloud, data centre and mobile networks. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Extreme Networks has more than 6,000 customers in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com .
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo and BlackDiamond are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Extreme Networks’ distributors in Australia and New Zealand are Brightstar and Networld Systems (Distribution Central).
For more information
James Owens Regional Director, Australia and New Zealand Extreme Networks Mobile: +61 (0) 430 166 691 Email: email@example.com
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-4341 50221 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Deloitte taps former VCPro director to join local cloud and infrastructure solutions practice
- Where will enterprise automation leave Australia's workers?
- Toshiba may sell its semiconductor business to stay afloat
- HPE forks out $860M for SimpliVity in hybrid IT push
- onPlatinum ICT - Channels within channels