- The week in security: DDoS attack savages US Internet; Biometrics for newborns
- How the Dyn DDoS attack unfolded
- Extensive DDoS attack against Dyn restarts, could indicate a new use of old criminal tech
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- DNS provider Dyn gets DDoSed, takes out Twitter, GitHub and plenty others
- 27 March 2012 11:42
Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 wins Network Computing's Data Center Product of the Year award
SYDNEY, March 27, 2012. Extreme Networks, Inc. announced today that its flagship Open Fabric switch, the BlackDiamond® X8, has been named Network Computing UK's 2012 'Data Center Product of the Year.'
Magazine readers voted the switch as the most significant offering in the closely watched data centre space where the topic of network fabrics, the cloud and virtualisation have come to the forefront.
"The tremendous performance, energy efficiency and scalability of the BlackDiamond X8 switch make it a leader in these respects and we are proud to receive this honour from Network Computing's readers," said David Ginsburg, Chief Marketing Officer for Extreme Networks.
This award follows Extreme Networks’ performance leadership in the November 2011 Lippis Report evaluation of its modular data centre switch. The BlackDiamond X8 Open Fabric switch offers the highest tested 10GbE and 40GbE port density to seamlessly support up to 768 wire-speed 10GbE connected servers in 1/3 of a 42 RU rack or 2,304 servers in a full rack.
Under cloud network conditions during the Lippis tests, the Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 maintained wire-speed across 192 40GbE ports configured in in a full mesh. The switch performed remarkably well with lossless throughput at 100% bi-directional capacity and with the ports demonstrating the lowest latency of all 10 and 40 GbE modular switches tested, at 2.3 microseconds for 64 byte packets.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks is a market leader in high-performance Ethernet switching for cloud, data centre and mobile networks. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Extreme Networks has more than 6,000 customers in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com .
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo and BlackDiamond are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Extreme Networks’ distributors in Australia and New Zealand are Brightstar and Networld Systems (Distribution Central).
For more information
James Owens Regional Director, Australia and New Zealand Extreme Networks Mobile: +61 (0) 430 166 691 Email: email@example.com
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-4341 50221 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Report: Marketers expect AI to have greater impact than social media
- Kramer gets top honours at AMI Awards 2016
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 20 October
- Marketers urged to provide holistic view of customer journey in online retail