- 27 March 2012 11:42
Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 wins Network Computing's Data Center Product of the Year award
SYDNEY, March 27, 2012. Extreme Networks, Inc. announced today that its flagship Open Fabric switch, the BlackDiamond® X8, has been named Network Computing UK's 2012 'Data Center Product of the Year.'
Magazine readers voted the switch as the most significant offering in the closely watched data centre space where the topic of network fabrics, the cloud and virtualisation have come to the forefront.
"The tremendous performance, energy efficiency and scalability of the BlackDiamond X8 switch make it a leader in these respects and we are proud to receive this honour from Network Computing's readers," said David Ginsburg, Chief Marketing Officer for Extreme Networks.
This award follows Extreme Networks’ performance leadership in the November 2011 Lippis Report evaluation of its modular data centre switch. The BlackDiamond X8 Open Fabric switch offers the highest tested 10GbE and 40GbE port density to seamlessly support up to 768 wire-speed 10GbE connected servers in 1/3 of a 42 RU rack or 2,304 servers in a full rack.
Under cloud network conditions during the Lippis tests, the Extreme Networks BlackDiamond X8 maintained wire-speed across 192 40GbE ports configured in in a full mesh. The switch performed remarkably well with lossless throughput at 100% bi-directional capacity and with the ports demonstrating the lowest latency of all 10 and 40 GbE modular switches tested, at 2.3 microseconds for 64 byte packets.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks is a market leader in high-performance Ethernet switching for cloud, data centre and mobile networks. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Extreme Networks has more than 6,000 customers in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com .
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo and BlackDiamond are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Extreme Networks’ distributors in Australia and New Zealand are Brightstar and Networld Systems (Distribution Central).
For more information
James Owens Regional Director, Australia and New Zealand Extreme Networks Mobile: +61 (0) 430 166 691 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-4341 50221 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: email@example.com
- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Router malware: Fact or fiction?
- Los Alamos National Lab's R&D fueling new quantum-crypto firm
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again
- EXPERIENCE IBM CLOUD 2014: Cloud an enabler, analytics a gold mine (+10 photos)
- UXC posts 31 per cent profit drop due to redundancies, acquisitions
- HubSpot's US$100m IPO listing welcomed, but profitability questions raised
- Quantium helps Woolies get personal with customers, CEO says
- Nissan Motorsport revs up sponsorships with CRM
- Twitter Analytics will leave you wishing for more
- How PaaS is helping Volkswagen to deliver customer leads on mobile