- Bitcoin rise fuels social media scams
- Blockchain can help secure medical devices, improve patient privacy
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
- Leaked iCloud credentials obtained from third parties, Apple says
- Wikileaks documents show CIA's Mac and iPhone compromises
- 15 March 2012 13:29
ASX TODAY - Empired Limited secures strategic IT contract on US$34 Billion INPEX Ichthys project
15 March 2012
Empired Limited secures contract onUS$34 Billion INPEX Ichthys project
• Strategic supplier of application services to INPEX $US34 Billion Ichthys project • Services include supply, configuration and management of Coreworx project information and cost control system • Outstanding opportunity to provide additional services to INPEX • Builds valuable credibility for future Coreworx contracts in near term
Australian listed IT Services Company Empired Limited (“Empired” or “the company”) is pleased to announce that it has secured a strategic contract with INPEX as part of its US$34 Billion IchthysLNG Project.
INPEX is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company currently involved in more than 70 projects across 26 countries. INPEX is ranked in the top 100 global energy companies and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Ichthys LNG Project is a joint venture between INPEX (76%, the Operator) and Total (24%). Gas from the Ichthys Field, in the Browse Basin approximately 200 kilometres offshore Western Australia, will undergo preliminary processing offshore to remove water and extract condensate. The gas will then be exported to onshore processing facilities in Darwin via an 889 kilometre subsea pipeline. The Ichthys LNG Project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak.
The $5 Million contract will see Empired supply, install, configure and manage the Coreworx project information and cost control system over the next 5 years.
Coreworx are a world leader in providing integrated project information and cost control solutions for large capital projects in the oil & gas sector. It is a proven solution to increase project efficiency and protect against increasing costs, shrinking margins and higher performance expectations in companies such as INPEX. It services a portfolio of projects valued at over $500 billion across more than 50 countries, on more than 500 capital projects with nearly 70,000 users.
Empired Managing Director, Russell Baskerville said securing this contractprovides a significant opportunity for Empired to work closely with INPEX over the coming years.
“We are very proud that INPEX have selected Empired to provide the Coreworx system as one of the strategic applications in the build phase of the Ichthys project.”
“This will provide a great opportunity for Empired to demonstrate the value we can provide to INPEX and ensure we are well placed to work with INPEX on other strategic opportunities.”
“Further it provides outstanding credentials for Empired to leverage its expertise in project information and cost control systems for large capital projects in the Energy and Natural Resources sector.”
Chris Foley, INPEX Chief Information Officer commented that he was pleased with the outcome of the tender process.
“Following a thorough market assessment and procurement process we selected Empired based on their demonstrated experience in the Natural Resources and Energy sector, the Coreworx solution offering and Empired's ability to dynamically meet our project delivery requirements.”
Empired recently backed up a strong FY11 financial performance with an outstanding FY12 half year result. Revenue for the half year was $23.7M and EBITDA was up 173% to $1.42M.
Mr Baskerville commented “We continue to be bullish on delivering a record full year result in all key financial measures.”
Empired has also announced numerous contract wins plus the appointment of a number of key management executives and strategic business development executives.
In closing Mr Baskerville said, “We look forward to the privilege of delivering high quality services to INPEX, this closes out a very successful first half period for the company and we look forward to announcing further contract success in the near term.”
For more information please contact: Russell Baskerville Managing Director Empired Limited Ph +61 8 9223 1234 Em: email@example.com
About Empired Limited Empired Ltd is a national IT Services Provider with a broad range of capabilities and experience. First established in 1999, Empired is a publicly listed company (ASX: EPD) that is proud to have its foundations in Western Australia, with a strong national presence. With more than 200 staff, Empired has built a reputation for service excellence and is a leading provider of business technology solutions in the Corporate and Government sector. Our flexible service delivery approach and “can do” attitude has enabled Empired to secure clients that range from medium size entities through to large enterprise accounts with services delivered across Australia, South East Asia and beyond. Empired focuses on providing companies with tailored IT service solutions that address their specific needs. We have established long-term client relationships and are continually invited to help enhance their business processes. Empired offers a range of services complemented by hardware and software products that enable it to provide comprehensive and professional ICT solutions.
About Coreworx Coreworx Inc. provides integrated project information and cost control solutions for large capital projects in the oil & gas, power and mining sectors. The Coreworx solution is a proven enterprise project management software system that enables owners, engineering and construction contractors to automate best practices, mitigate business risks and improve performance to budget throughout the entire project lifecycle. Coreworx services a portfolio of projects valued at over $500 billion across more than 50 countries, on more than 500 capital projects with nearly 70,000 users. Coreworx has offices in Houston, Calgary and Kitchener.
For more information, visitwww.coreworx.com
- Mingis on Tech: All about the new Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus: Economy class that gets you there (with video)
- Banks ill-equipped for proposed APRA data demands
- Williams Martini crunch biometrics for Formula 1's peak pit-stop performance
- Blackmores, Aus Post back Alibaba’s blockchain-based anti-fraud efforts
- Aussie businesses want an open IoT ecosystem
- Broadband connections get timely turnaround treatment
- Accenture launches Liquid Studio in Sydney for innovation push
- Dimension Data wins $4.8M IT deal from the Department of Social Services
- Melbourne cloud migration specialist to acquire WA's Cirralto Business Services
- 4 steps to ensuring your company fails successfully
- Jaywing sets sights on Australian growth with digital and data-driven agency model
- How National Geographic is innovating its brand with purpose
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 23 March
- 5 ways to create great real-time marketing campaigns