- 12 January 2012 09:39
INFORTREND LAUNCHES EONNAS PRO AND EONNAS 1000 SERIES TO MEET FILE SHARING AND DATA STORAGE DEMAND OF SMB AND SOHO USERS
Infortrend® (Public TPE: 2495) today announced two new product lines in its EonNAS family of unified storage solutions, the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 Series. Offering comprehensive protocol support, the new solutions enable SMBs and SOHO users to serve file-based and block-based applications with a single device and achieve easy file sharing between different workstations in the office. Data storage on the new solutions is enhanced by several advanced features, including deduplication for optimized resource utilization and the ZFS file system for end-to-end data integrity.
Data deduplication can benefit a great number of applications, in particular backup and virtualization applications. With storage space savings of up to 90%, the technology enables users to achieve significant cost reductions. The ZFS file system achieves end-to-end data integrity through a hierarchical checksum mechanism, which weeds out silent data corruption phenomena that go undetected in other file systems.
In addition to ZFS, data is protected by many other features. Snapshots offer space-efficient differential data copies to quickly rollback data or restore files in the event of data errors. With remote replication, users can replicate data in asynchronous mode to another EonNAS Pro/EonNAS 1000 system or 3rd-party device, while the pool mirror function allows users to keep data in two different EonNAS Pro or EonNAS 1000 systems fully synced at all times.
Various data backup options are also available. PC and server data can be backed up to the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 systems through third-party backup software support, while EonNAS data can be backed up to external disk drives via USB or eSATA connections.
Thomas Kao, director of product planning at Infortrend, noted, “With the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 Series, Infortrend adds a new dimension to the SMB and SOHO segments of the NAS market with features that previously were only seen in enterprise solutions, such as deduplication and ZFS. Small businesses and offices now have access to some of the most advanced technologies the NAS market has to offer - at prices they can afford.”
The EonNAS Pro and 1000 Series are equipped with Intel processors. The EonNAS Pro Series offers tower systems that can be set up in less than 15 minutes and are extremely easy to manage. Available models include the EonNAS Pro 200, 500 and 800, featuring two, five and eight bays respectively, as well as the EonNAS Pro 850, which features eight bays and offers enhanced performance with an Intel dual-core 3.3GHz processor.
The EonNAS 1000 Series offers systems with industry-standard rackmount form factors. Available models include the EonNAS 1100 featuring four bays.
For more information about Infortrend’s newly announced EonNAS solutions, please go to www.eonnas.com or contact Infortrend sales representatives.
About Infortrend Founded in 1993, Infortrend Corporation (Public TPE:2495) is a leading provider of high performance networked storage solutions focusing on quality, reliability, choice and value. Fueled by a depth of technological expertise and system level knowledge, Infortrend storage solutions have been widely deployed on a variety of demanding applications by multiple users across commercial and industrial markets. Its core brands include the ESVA, EonStor DS, EonStor and EonNAS product families. For more information, please visit www.infortrend.com.
Infortrend®, ESVA®, EonStor®, EonNAS®, SANWatch®, and EonPath® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Infortrend Technology, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Integrated Computing Platforms, such as EMC VSPEX RAs, provide a solution by eliminating the time (and cost) of designing, testing, and engineering integrated environments with components built independently of one ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia