- 1 August 2011 10:00
BlackBerry PlayBook First Tablet to be Certified by Australian Government
The BlackBerry PlayBook is the first tablet to be certified for use by the DSD. It is the only tablet that meets with the Australian Government's strict security standards. When used in accordance with DSD guidance, the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can be used to secure information with a classification of up to and including RESTRICTED or PROTECTED which represents the majority of Government day-to-day operational communications.
“RIM continues to set the benchmark for government security and now with DSD approval the BlackBerry PlayBook is the first tablet to be certified for deployment in Australian government departments. This again demonstrates our leadership in the government sector and our commitment and investment in secure mobile technology," said Scott Deacon, Manager Security Certifications, Asia Pacific BlackBerry Security, RIM.
The BlackBerry PlayBook is a powerful, ultra-portable tablet that fits comfortably in one hand. It has a stunning 7-inch high resolution display, offers true multi-tasking capabilities and a high-fidelity web experience. It also allows for secure pairing with BlackBerry® smartphones via the BlackBerry Bridge app, which enables users to access their BlackBerry smartphone’s email, calendar, address book, memo pad, task list, BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) and browsing functionality using the larger display on the tablet.
RIM sets the standard for secure tablet data access with the BlackBerry PlayBook’s support for ECC (Elliptical Curve Cryptography), AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) and the ability to protect enterprise data when it is transferred between the tablet and a BlackBerry smartphone.
The guidance recently issued by the Australian Government acknowledges that the BlackBerry PlayBook conforms with security requirements and DSD's security policy which is in line with the use of BlackBerry in government organisations worldwide.
“The BlackBerry PlayBook is the only tablet to be awarded this certification from the Australian Government, meeting its strict security requirements for use by government representatives with data classifications of up to and including RESTRICTED/ PROTECTED. We will continue to work with government departments and organisations locally and internationally to ensure that employees can access and share information with ease and in the knowledge that their information is protected at the highest level,” said Deacon.
For more information about the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, please visit www.blackberry.com/playbook
Media Contacts: Antoinette Trovato - Research In Motion 0437 763 316 firstname.lastname@example.org
The BlackBerry Team - Spectrum Communications (PR agency for RIM) 02 9954 3299 email@example.com
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- How Cosabella is using martech to win the retail battle
- Report: It’s the era of experience but don’t forget the basics
- Dendy, Legg Mason appoint new marketing leaders
- Medibank CEO: We're getting better at customer experience
- Velocity frequent flyers program strong performer in mixed half-year for Virgin