- 16 February 2011 11:25
Imperva achieves record growth in 2010
SYDNEY, February 16, 2011. Imperva, the global leader in data security, announced today that it achieved record growth at the close of fiscal year 2010, experiencing a 43 per cent increase in revenue over 2009 and marking Q4 2010 as the largest quarter on company record.
In 2010, the company also expanded its executive team and board of directors as well as released new innovations in its SecureSphere Data Security Suite.
In Asia Pacific/Japan (APJ), Imperva recorded a revenue increase of 70 per cent in Q4, 2010, over Q3, 2010; and 30 per cent over Q4, 2009. APJ also increased revenue by 29 per cent in 2010, compared to 2009. The company’s Pacific region recorded triple digit growth in Q4, 2010, over Q4, 2009.
“Data breaches continue to inflict financial and reputation costs—especially WikiLeaks. In 2010, awareness grew dramatically around the need for database, application and file security. Not surprisingly, 2010 was a milestone year for Imperva and customer demand for our solutions has never been greater,” said Shlomo Kramer, Founder and CEO of Imperva.
“In 2010 we were able to drive innovation in key areas including threat detection and file security as well as add experienced company-builders to our senior team and board. Imperva is poised for continued success in 2011.”
Highlights from 2010 include:
• Revenue growth of 43 per cent over fiscal year 2009, and the addition of nearly 400 new global customers;
• Release of new products and services including SecureSphere File Activity Monitoring and automatic threat detection solution ThreatRadar, as well as the spinoff of Incapsula, a cloud-based website and web application security company;
• The company’s largest quarter on record, Q4 2010, with revenues from newly introduced products ThreatRadar and SecureSphere File Activity Monitoring doubling over the previous quarter;
• Increase in mid-market enterprise revenue of 104 per cent over 2009 and well as 90 per cent growth in MSSP revenue and 50 per cent growth in professional services revenue year over year;
• Appointment of seasoned CFO, Terry Schmid, as well as the appointment of new General Counsel, Scott Darling, and the addition of Albert ‘Rocky’ Pimentel as Audit Committee Chairman on Imperva’s Board of Directors.
“We’ll continue to focus on providing solutions and research that enable companies to do business while securing their data from evolving threats and attacks,” said Kramer.
Imperva is the global leader in data security. With more than 1,300 direct customers and 25,000 cloud customers, Imperva's customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, and managed service providers who rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft from hackers and insiders. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring for databases, applications and file systems. For more information, visit www.imperva.com, follow us on Twitter or visit our blog.
Grenadine Lau +65 6749 4482 Grenadine.Lau@imperva.com
- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers