- Mobile users 'more likely to be struck by lightning' than infected by malware
- Government-private sector collaboration vital for cyber security: Brandis
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Australia's online ads less fraudulent but lower quality than elsewhere
- Project Fi will help Google amass even more data about you
- 4 February 2011 14:48
Extreme Networks brings networking to OpenStack cloud as newest member of Open Source movement
SYDNEY, Feb. 4, 2011. Extreme Networks, Inc., (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced its membership in the OpenStack™ community, an open source cloud operating system founded by Rackspace® and NASA, furthering its mission to deliver high- performance virtualised network infrastructure that transitions customers to the cloud.
Now with more than 50 participating companies, Extreme Networks has joined the premier open source cloud software initiative focused on driving open cloud standards.
“Extreme Networks has long been an innovator in open standards-based, high-performance networking,” said Mark Collier, Vice President of Community Development and Marketing for OpenStack at Rackspace. “As networking will play a key role in the evolution of the cloud, we look forward to Extreme Networks’ active participation in helping to evolve the networking layer of the OpenStack cloud.”
OpenStack brings together a dedicated community of cloud service providers and technology vendors focused on building open source software infrastructure for public, private and hybrid cloud architectures. As a new member, Extreme Networks will focus on integrating and automating the networking layer of OpenStack architectures, enabling advanced service layer capabilities and end-to-end provisioning of resources.
With the emergence of private and public cloud architectures, the OpenStack open source initiative will accelerate the deployment of open and interoperable cloud services. A key component to enabling cloud services is defining and integrating network-level functionality into the stack with the goal of creating a fully automated and self-provisioning cloud infrastructure.
"OpenStack shares our vision of open and scalable cloud computing, and has already proven to be a leader in providing open source cloud-based solutions to the marketplace," said Kevin Ryan, director of Data Center Solutions Marketing for Extreme Networks. "The OpenStack community is positioned to define how cloud services are built and delivered."
With its high-performance data center solutions, the BlackDiamond® and Summit® switches running the ExtremeXOS® operating system, Extreme Networks is well suited to deliver high performance cloud-based networking infrastructure. With advanced data center features including XNVTM and Direct AttachTM, the company has been a leader in integrating across multi-vendor virtualised environments in Managed Hosting, Cloud and Enterprise environments.
About Extreme Networks, Inc.
Extreme Networks provides converged Ethernet network infrastructures that support data, voice and video for enterprises and service providers. The company's network solutions feature high performance, high availability and scalable switching solutions that enable organizations to address real-world communications challenges and opportunities. Operating in more than 50 countries, Extreme Networks provides wired and wireless secure LANs, data center infrastructure and Service Provider Ethernet transport solutions that are complemented by global, 24x7 service and support. For more information, visit: http://www.extremenetworks.com
Extreme Networks’ distributor in Australia is Distribution Central (NetWorld Systems® business group). In New Zealand, distributors are Distribution Central and Ericsson NZ.
For more information James Owens Regional Director, Australia and New Zealand Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-8274 0700 Mobile: +61-430 166 691 Email: email@example.com
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-4341 50221 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- IN PICTURES: RSA Conference 2015, San Francisco, April 20-24 (+37 photos)
- Technology investment in SMEs set to escalate in 2015: Robert Half
- Bulletproof increases focus on southern region in Australia with new senior hire
- EXCLUSIVE: Huawei and iCITA - a partnership cemented in the datacentre
- HP nabs Randstad most attractive employer in ICT award
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement