- As breach notification boosts onus, classification can boost CISOs’ business credibility
- A hard drive's LED light can be used to covertly leak data
- Google’s Upspin rethinks secure file-sharing for the cloud
- Survey identifies key digital transformation priorities for business in 2017
- What to expect from the Trump administration on cybersecurity
Linux Systems Engineer
Permanent role with a world leading brand
Great team environment | Payment Industry
Join a company that will open you to future opportunities
Working with one of the world's most reputable and trusted brands, you will be part of a team responsible for systems, networks and data centres, with a goal to deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for global solutions. Our client will be ideally looking for individuals with experience working with large scale, high availability, high impact systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support system engineering level activities for contracted hosted installations
- Provide support and back-up to other IT Engineering resources as required
- Build and maintain pre-production and UAT environments
- Continually review and provide feedback on how to improve Platform Services processes and develop procedures to facilitate these processes
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and ongoing support of hosted software and hardware configurations using web technologies in production environments
- Intermediate level of experience with Linux Systems Administration - Monitoring, Clustering, Scripting (Bash/Python) and Automation and Storage
- Intermediate level of TCP/IP network troubleshooting knowledge - Routing, Switching, Firewalls, SSL
- Intermediate level of experience in F5 BigIP load balancers and Web Application Firewalls
- Demonstrated Experience in Application Deployment and Hosting - Preferably Apache, Java, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of VMware - Deployment, Monitoring, Management, Patching, Storage
- Experience in web technologies and web hosting
- Experience with Configuration Management and related tools, specifically puppet
- RHCE with solid experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
You will possess:
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Ref No: 4B/25335
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Customers up, losses down for Vodafone
- Verizon ranks tops in wireless coverage and reliability by RootMetrics
- MYOB acquires Paycorp, posts profit and plugs new platform
- Melbourne IT announces ‘turnaround complete’ amid strong growth
- Apple grabs icloud.net domain to solidify links to sync and storage service
- Kogan half-year profit smashes expectations
- Melbourne IT reports strong earnings following business transformation wrap up
- MYOB set to buy Aussie payments solutions provider for $48M
- Brennan IT snaps up 50 per cent stake in Fastrack Technology
- Empired reports “solid first half result” despite losses from NZ earthquake impact
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 23 February 2017
- Qantas reports solid financials; highlights customer data and digital as competitive advantage
- How Nude by Nature is using data to prove digital's worth
- Panel: Organisations embrace customer centricity differently
- Woolies welcome and aligned incentives help Woolworths improve first-half customer credentials