- Fight insider threats by screenshotting employees’ every action
- China tightens control over app stores
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- The week in security: Trump reaches out to tech leaders as reports finger Russia
- Digital transformation forces businesses to rethink cybersecurity
Chief Architect - Public Sector
- Collaborative Solution Delivery
- Strategic Business Focus
- Commercial Acumen
Our Client is a significant player in Global service integration, have come to market in search of a highly skilled, engaging Chief Industry Architect
Our Client is a significant player in Global service integration. Their footprint spans across many Government and Private sector verticals providing business technology solutions.
They have come to market with a role which will play a leading part in Solutions shaping for the Government sector within the ACT. This is not a management role, it is a role that requires Senior engagement to provide Strategic solutions and also requires a high level of Commercial Acumen.
There is a lot of detail presented for this role as Chief Industry Architect below however, it is necessary to have a good understanding of the mechanisms and interdependency's of the position.
You must be an clearance eligible, Australian Citizen to apply
Overall Role Purpose:
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with the customer to ensure the organization's business goals, directions and initiatives meet the desired outcomes
- Act as the trusted advisor in linking the business vision, mission, strategy and processes of a client organization to be delivered with Information Technology solutions to Improve Organisation Performance
- Provide key components of the business solution framework and the resulting relationships with the business.
- Provide cross-project architectural monitoring, guidance, and enforcement in programmes
- Provide Context to portfolio programmes establishing principles, directions and standards as they relate to holistic business solution frameworks
- Provide Governance through advice, guidance and oversight for the implementation and execution of enterprise solutions, risk management, and architecture processes
- Create and maintain the enterprise architecture across the process, organization, location, application, data and technology domains to ensure alignment with the organization's business goals, directions and initiatives to ensure desired outcomes are met
- Map & Improve Capability, Function and Competency of Organisational Landscape
- Lead significant enterprise architecture engagements throughout their lifecycles, including delivery, for the duration of the relationship with the customer
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance requirements are met and sets the overall vision and framework for the IT environment
- Systems integration experience within the Public Sector industry is mandatory.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Industry: Maintains an understanding the forces that affect the overall industry, inclusive of regulatory and commercial changes, that have an impact on the position of the client relative to partners and competitors. Identifies significant trends, threats, and opportunities affecting the Public Sector and associated industries. Draws parallels and lessons from analogous industry problems and solutions.
Business: Identifies significant business opportunities and needs. Ensures that delivered business solutions meet the desired business outcomes, short and long term quality attributes, and performance expectations. Understands the impact that business process change will have on an organization and works with organizational change specialists to ensure that the business process architecture will meet the organization's requirements.
Customer: Works with the client executive and senior management to derive Information System and Information Technology architectural strategies and frameworks. Ensures that there are no gaps or inconsistencies in the initial information systems architectural design and that none emerge over time.
People: Participates in multi-disciplinary consulting assignments. Enables cross-functional teams to work in parallel by providing guidance and direction in support of the business solution architecture. Leads Architect Teams.
Technology: Knows a broad range of architectural concepts, systems, applications, information, middleware, security and infrastructure. Knows technology trends and their applicability to business. Has extensive knowledge of IT capabilities, covering current and emerging technologies.
Governance: Works with the client executive, senior management and account teams to derive, define and govern the standards and guidelines for architectural work. Participates in architecture review boards, and post-implementation boards.
Financial: Contributes to business cases and their attainment, and considers the financial implications of the solutions. Facilitates risk mitigation to the client and organisation, including enforcing business solution architectural requirements that meet the client's requirements within cost, scope, and time constraints.
Typical Outputs and Deliverables:
Conceptual Architectures Architecture Based Strategies, Roadmaps and Frameworks Solution Propositions Architectural Standards including Solution Guidelines and Principles
Qualifications - Essential
- Candidate should have at least 15 years of experience in the IT industry with the last 5 years working in the role of a senior Enterprise Architect
- 7+ years experience working in and supporting the Public Sector industry.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution architectures in large organisations with large complex heterogeneous IT environments
- Experience in Business Architecture - inclusive of Capability, Process and Modelling
- Extensive experience in Integration Architecture - inclusive of Infrastructure, Applications and Data
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area
- Highly effective communication skills in particular an ability to explain complex architectural issues and concepts to IT Management (CxO) and/or senior business stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in doing this
- Broad application architecture domain experience including Commercial of the Shelf (COTS)
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts, roadmaps, framework and methodologies (eg TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner)
- IT Tertiary Qualifications
- Architecture formal training and certification (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner).
- Experience and understanding of the usage of Enterprise modelling tools (e.g. ARIS, rational etc) to support Solution Architecture and in the context of model based software engineering
- SDLC - Strong knowledge of leading Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks and processes with a good understanding of the Architecturally significant touch-points between the system development lifecycle and an Enterprise Architecture framework as it applied to solution delivery. Understanding of SDLC and software engineering interrelationships
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ben Raward on 02 61519211. Please quote our job reference number: 200158100.
Reference Number: 200158100_6
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Vodafone scraps CMO role, merges sales and marketing
- Kramer resigns from Nine Entertainment board
- Carnival wearable devices bring personalised experience to global cruise passengers
- Report: Predictive analytics, IoT, machine learning battle it out for marketing dollars
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany