Join CIO at our breakfast event to announce the results of the CIO100 2014. CIO100 is the flagship edition of CIO New Zealand and reports on the current strategies and future direction of the country's 100 largest technology users.
The CIO100 2014: Research findings
This session will present an overview of the findings of the survey. The presentation will distil the top 10 business trends that key ICT users should be aware of, and what CIOs of the top 100 organisations will be working on in the next 12 months. The report includes an analysis of the impact of the economy on budgets, ICT projects and staffing levels.
Speaker: Divina Paredes, Editor, CIO New Zealand
Featured analyst presentation: The CIO's personal brand: Building trust, creating value
Harnessing technology for business advantage dictates success or failure in the digital age and the CIO is critical to that success. Yet CIOs, in particular, suffer from low 'brand value', especially when compared to their perhaps more glamorous counterparts in marketing or sales. The good news is there are ways to analyse and plan your communications to promote trust and develop your future CIO brand, and unleash our true value for the organisation.
Speaker: Marcus Darbyshire, executive partner, Gartner Executive Programs
Featured CIO presentation: The evolving CIO agenda
IT innovation and support is key to the operations and services of an organisation, whether public or private; and national or global in scope. This reality is highlighted further by the continuing convergence of social, mobile, cloud and information - the 'nexus of forces' identified by Gartner. No organisation is unaffected by these trends. So how are CIOs leading through this new environment?
Speaker: Martin Catterall, CIO, St John
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites