- The week in security: Apple extortion attempt; can Blockchain protect medical devices?
- Ignore that call from “Apple” about an iCloud breach
- Want more clout with the CEO? Wait until your first ransomware attack.
- Consultant urges never pay ransomware demands
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
The Rise of 'Data and Analytics' Roles Points to Digital Business Transformation
The swift rise of “data executives” is evidence of how Gartner clients are adapting to the market and technology trends that are driving a shift to digital business. These executive roles include emerging positions such as CDO, chief analytics officer (CAO) and chief digital officer, as well as traditional IT leader roles in data and analytics, and many business roles intended to exploit big data analytics to the benefit of marketing, risk management, compliance, production and finance organisations.
- Ingram Micro unwraps new-look Odin cloud platform for partners
- Aussie businesses hit with $589,000 in damages over pirated software use
- Macquarie Telecom vies for investor confidence after Vocus sell-off
- Competition watchdog moves to reject NBN multi-technology regulation push
- Government passes “Google Tax” into law
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Microsoft paces delivery of Windows 10 upgrades
- Samsung may retake momentum with the S8 smartphone
- Consumers sue Microsoft, allege Windows 10 upgrade destroyed data, damaged PCs