Staying Ahead of the Data Explosion
The total volume of data being processed and stored by businesses is rising exponentially. IDC has estimated that the size of the "digital universe" will increase 29 fold between 2010 and 2020. Data storage technology has undergone a steady increase in capacity, along with a steady decline in the cost per unit to store information. Unfortunately, data storage capacity is not keeping pace with data growth and necessitating greater intelligence in the storage infrastructure. Read more.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Microsoft improves Visual C++ compilation
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- GitLab fixes critical flaw that lets users log in as admins
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Case Study: How Flight Centre leveraged data to boost customer experience
- Online advertising has a dark side, but IT can shed some light
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 5 May
- CMO interview: Why Bupa’s John Moore is all about the experience
- Ray White taps data insights to produce personalised customer videos