Seven Steps to Effective Data Governance
Creating a framework to ensure the confidentiality, quality, and integrity of data – the core meaning of data governance – is essential to meet both internal and external requirements, such as financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and privacy policies. At its best, data governance roots out risk – both business and compliance risk – by increasing oversight. This white paper provides seven steps for taking such an approach, concluding with a real world example, taking an incremental approach using a repeatable framework that is a practical, proven strategy that any size organization can implement to suit their immediate and long-term needs and budget.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
Get exclusive access to Invitation only events CIO, reports & analysis.
Sign up now »
Sign up now »
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to SharePoint 2013. These best practices also apply to migrations to most earlier versions of SharePoint. Download now.
Most Popular Whitepapers
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- AusCERT 2013: World needs debate about “hack-back” rules of engagement
- AusCERT 2013: Police urge banks to install ATM chip technology
- Twitter aims to become safer with two-step sign-in
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes
- Vodafone revenue and profit drop as European troubles continue
- Apple to tell Senate it pays every cent of its taxes
- Cash visibility tops list in first Asia-Pacific treasury report