10 Ways to Stretch your storage budgets in virtualised, consolidated environments
Everyone’s heard the line about the only inevitabilities in life being death and taxes. IT managers, however, would quickly assert a third absolute – higher storage needs. There’s no question data storage requirements continue to skyrocket, and there’s absolutely zero likelihood of that ending any time in our lifetime. Enterprises have successfully controlled their IT budgets and server sprawl issues with the help of virtualisation technologies, but what’s next? Increasingly, organizations are turning to storage consolidation for virtualised server environments in order to reduce data center costs and inefficiencies.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Router malware: Fact or fiction?
- Los Alamos National Lab's R&D fueling new quantum-crypto firm
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again
- EXPERIENCE IBM CLOUD 2014: Cloud an enabler, analytics a gold mine (+10 photos)
- UXC posts 31 per cent profit drop due to redundancies, acquisitions
- HubSpot's US$100m IPO listing welcomed, but profitability questions raised
- Quantium helps Woolies get personal with customers, CEO says
- Nissan Motorsport revs up sponsorships with CRM
- Twitter Analytics will leave you wishing for more
- How PaaS is helping Volkswagen to deliver customer leads on mobile