Delivering Secure Guest Access and Mobile Internet Device (MID) Management with HiveOS 4.0
Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) are easily the most exciting development in computing devices in the post-laptop era. By combining portability near to that of a phone with a larger screen, it is possible to interact with much larger data sets and to perform previously inaccessible computing tasks. From the user perspective, one set of credentials is used on all devices, including MIDs. However, only corporate-owned devices have access to the corporate network. Personal devices can be restricted to only Internet access, or can be given access only to a restricted set of resources such as a virtual desktop infrastructure. Read on.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Geofencing could add security layer for mobile devices
- EU data protection reform 'badly broken,' civil liberty groups warn
- China defends cybersecurity demands, amid complaints from U.S.
- Blackphone 2 will be a secure smartphone for business. Mystery tablet also touted
- iPhone theft victims tricked into unlocking devices
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities