Delivering Secure Guest Access and Mobile Internet Device (MID) Management with HiveOS 4.0
Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) are easily the most exciting development in computing devices in the post-laptop era. By combining portability near to that of a phone with a larger screen, it is possible to interact with much larger data sets and to perform previously inaccessible computing tasks. From the user perspective, one set of credentials is used on all devices, including MIDs. However, only corporate-owned devices have access to the corporate network. Personal devices can be restricted to only Internet access, or can be given access only to a restricted set of resources such as a virtual desktop infrastructure. Read on.
Please supply your email address to access the content.
- Four charged with stealing Army helicopter training software
- Survey shows the cost of security breaches are on the rise
- Cisco, Oracle find dozens of their products affected by Shellshock
- Need help? Microsoft Stores offer free tech support, PC tune-ups, malware removal
- Likes of Apple Pay may make smaller banks more vulnerable
- Local Council ditches multiple vendors for TechnologyOne
- Brennan IT readies $30 million for acquisitions
- Lenovo to pump $5m into A/NZ as part of its IBM x86 server purchase
- Krux appoints data science expert to boost APAC team
- Google Capital leads investment charge in Cloud optical transceiver company