Windows Administration at the Command Line for Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Xp, and Windows 2000
His Web site is www.mwt.net/~jmueller.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Standard Windows Utilities.
Chapter 1: Using the Command Line Effectively.
Chapter 2: Completing Data-Specific Tasks.
Chapter 3: Discovering the System Status.
Chapter 4: Locating Files and Other Resources.
Chapter 5: Securing and Monitoring a System.
Chapter 6: Using Developer and Low-Level Utilities.
Part 2: Using Windows Automation.
Chapter 7: Creating CMD and BAT Files.
Capter 8: Working with Scripts.
Chapter 9: Scripting for Active Directory.
Chapter 10: Using Task Scheduler Effectively.
Chapter 11: After Hours Automation Scripting.
Part 3: Relying on Third Party Automation.
Chapter 12: Obtaining Command Prompt Enhancers.
Chapter 13: Increasing Productivity at the Command Line.
Chapter 14: Editing and Compiling Batch Files and Scripts.
Part 4: Working with the .NET Framework Utilities.
Chapter 15: Understanding the .NET Framework Versions.
Chapter 16: Configuring the .NET Framework.
Chapter 17: Configuring ASP.NET.
Part 5: Windows Vista Special Features Preview.
Chapter 18: Using Windows PowerShell.
Chapter 19: Working with Windows PowerShell.
Appendix A: 52 Indispensable Command Line Tricks and Techniques.
Appendix B: A Summary of New and Modified Commands in Vista.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
Lawyers work hard, and they work fast. Any activity that takes their focus away from the task at hand represents lost productivity and lost revenue. Slater & Gordon Lawyers needed ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia