Wiley Pathways: Networking Basics
Whether you're already working in the computer networking field and looking to expand your skills or setting out on a new career path, Networking Basics will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn the fundamentals of networking at your own pace; it helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed.
With this book, you will be able to:
* Fully absorb and apply essential network concepts, from local and wide-area network configurations to large-scale enterprise networks
* Design and build both wired and wireless networks
* Work with common network models and standards such as the OSI and TCP/IP (DoD) models, and IEEE 802 standards
* Match network capabilities to organizational needs
Networking Basics is ideal for both traditional and online courses. The accompanying Networking Basics Project Manual ISBN: 978-0-470-12799-5 is also available to help reinforce your skills.
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
The books in this series offer a coordinated curriculum for learning information technology. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways.
Table of Contents
2. Network Standards and Models
3. Network Architectures
4. Network Topologies
5. Network Media and Devices
6. Network Protocols
7. Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
8. Wireless, Remote, and Wide Area Networking
9. Network Servers and Services Fundamentals
10. Wide Area and Enterprise Networking Services
11. Network Management
12. Network Security
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia