Unexpected Death in Childhood - a Handbook for Practitioners
Part of the prestigious NSPCC Wiley Series in Safeguarding Children - The Multi-Professional Approach.
Peter Fleming, Professor of Infant Health and Development, University of Bristol, UK, Consultant Paediatrician, United Bristol Healthcare NHS Trust.
Table of Contents
A note on terminology.
Part 1: Understanding Childhood Death.
Chapter 1: A Family’s Journey (Anne Chalmers).
Chapter 2: Childhood Deaths in Context (Peter Sidebotham, and Peter Fleming).
Chapter 3: Natural Causes of Unexpected Childhood Deaths (Peter Fleming, and Peter Sidebotham).
Chapter 4: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (Peter Blair).
Chapter 5: Deaths from Unintentional Injuries (Jo Sibert, and Peter Sidebotham).
Chapter 6: Fatal Child Maltreatment (Peter Sidebotham).
Part 2: Responding When a Child Dies.
Chapter 7: Responding to Unexpected Child Deaths (Peter Sidebotham, and Peter Fleming).
Chapter 8: Police Investigation in Unexpected Childhood Deaths (John Fox).
Chapter 9:The Paediatric Post-Mortem Examination (Phil Cox).
Chapter 10: Supporting Families (Alison Stewart, and Ann Dent).
Part 3: Learning Lessons.
Chapter 11: Reviewing Child Deaths (Martin Ward Platt).
Chapter 12: Serious Case Reviews (Paul Tudor, and Peter Sidebotham).
Emergency Department Flowchart and checklist .
1. Emergency Department Flow Chart and Checklist.
2. History Proforma.
3. Physical Examination Proforma.
4. Laboratory Investigations.
5. Scene Examination Proforma.
6. Resources for Bereave Adults.
7. Resources for Professionals.
8. Practical Information for Families.
9. Opportunities to be with Their Child.
10. Creating Footprints, Photographs and Mementoes..
11. A Framework to Guide Visiting..
12. Child Bereavement Network Belief Statement..
13. Local Case Discussion Proforma..
14. Child Death Review Core Dataset..
15. CDRT Proforma for Analysis..
16. Tools for Developing a Child Death Review Team.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Virtualised datacentres, desktops, and cloud computing should be secured by the same strong protection technologies as physical machines. However, traditional agent-based solutions that are not architected for virtualisation can result ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia