Towards the Semantic Web - Ontology-driven Knowledge Management
The aim of the book is to support efficient and effective knowledge management and focuses on weakly-structured online information sources. It is aimed primarily at researchers in the area of knowledge management and information retrieval and will also be a useful reference for students in computer science at the postgraduate level and for business managers who are aiming to increase the corporations' information infrastructure.
The Semantic Web is a very important initiative affecting the future of the WWW that is currently generating huge interest. The book covers several highly significant contributions to the semantic web research effort, including a new language for defining ontologies, several novel software tools and a coherent methodology for the application of the tools for business advantage. It also provides 3 case studies which give examples of the real benefits to be derived from the adoption of semantic-web based ontologies in "real world" situations. As such, the book is an excellent mixture of theory, tools and applications in an important area of WWW research.
* Provides guidelines for introducing knowledge management concepts and tools into enterprises, to help knowledge providers present their knowledge efficiently and effectively.
* Introduces an intelligent search tool that supports users in accessing information and a tool environment for maintenance, conversion and acquisition of information sources.
* Discusses three large case studies which will help to develop the technology according to the actual needs of large and or virtual organisations and will provide a testbed for evaluating tools and methods.
The book is aimed at people with at least a good understanding of existing WWW technology and some level of technical understanding of the underpinning technologies (XML/RDF). It will be of interest to graduate students, academic and industrial researchers in the field, and the many industrial personnel who are tracking WWW technology developments in order to understand the business implications. It could also be used to support undergraduate courses in the area but is not itself an introductory text.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
Introduction (J. Davies, et al.).
OIL and DAML+OIL: Ontology Languages for the Semantic Web (D. Fensel, et al.).
A Methodology for Ontology-based Knowledge Management (Y. Sure and R. Studer).
Ontology Management: Storing, Aligning and Maintaining Ontologies (M. Klein, et al.).
Sesame: A Generic Architecture for Storing and Querying RDF and RDF Schema (J. Broekstra, et al.).
Generating Ontologies for the Semantic Web: OntoBuilder (R. Engels and T. Lech).
OntoEdit: Collaborative Engineering of Ontologies (Y. Sure, et al.).
QuizRDF: Search Technology for the Semantic Web (J. Davies, et al.).
Spectacle (C. Fluit, et al.).
OntoShare: Evolving Ontologies in a Knowledge Sharing System (J. Davies, et al.).
Ontology Middleware and Reasoning (A. Kiryakov, et al.).
Ontology-based Knowledge Management at Work: The Swiss Life Case Studies (U. Reimer, et al.).
Field Experimenting with Semantic Web Tools in a Virtual Organization (V. Iosif, et al.).
A Future Perspective: Exploiting Peer-to-Peer and the Semantic Web for Knowledge Management (D. Fensel, et al.).
Conclusions: Ontology-driven Knowledge Management - Towards the Semantic Web? (J. Davies, et al.).
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
NEC wanted to reduce network management costs, while increasing network visibility, decreasing mean-time-to-repair, improving stability and mitigating the risk of downtime. Download today to hear from Cameron Craig, Senior department ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Microsoft may be scanning your Skype messages
- Researchers find critical vulnerabilities in popular game engines
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB