The Unofficial Guide to Photoshop CS2
Photoshop CS2 may be powerful and groundbreaking image-editing software, but to use it with confidence you'll need to know its quirks and shortcuts. Find out what the manual doesn't always tell you in this insider's guide to using Photoshop in the real world. How do you pick the right resolution? What are the secrets to preparing images for the Web? From working with multiple layers to understanding color management, first get the official way, then the best way from an expert.
Unbiased coverage on how to get the best quality from your images, make use of all the graphics tools, and explore your inner artist
Savvy, real-world advice, from using paths, layers, and masks, to creating custom color watches and palettes, to organizing your files with Adobe? Bridge
Time-saving techniques and practical guidance on how to enhance digital photos, create montages, and prepare your work for output
Tips and hacks on quick ways to change the viewing percentage, find hot keys, and other shortcuts to increase productivity
Sidebars and tables on common uses of different color modes, a go-to list of file formats, and more practical information to improve your results
Watch for these graphic icons in every chapter to guide to specific practical information.
* Bright Ideas are smart innovations that will save you time or hassle.
* Hacks are insider tips and shortcuts that increase productivity. When you see
* Watch Out! heed the cautions or warnings to help you avoid common pitfalls. And finally, check out
* Inside Scoops of practical insights from the author. It's lie having your won expert at your side!
Table of Contents
I Mastering Your Workspace.
1 Digging into the Photoshop Workspace.
2 Getting to Know the Tools.
3 Working with Colors, Swatches, and Styles.
II Putting the Graphics Tools to Work.
4 Embracing Layers.
5 Drawing with Vector Tools.
6 Painting with the Brush Tools.
7 Selecting and Extracting Images.
8 Masking and Blending Images.
9 Creating Elements in Type.
10 Undoing and Redoing with History and Actions.
III Enhancing Digital Photos.
11 Perfecting Your Photo’s Color.
12 Exploring Adobe Bridge and the Camera Raw Plug-In.
13 Resizing and Retouching Photos.
14 Fixing Fuzz, Tilt, and Perspective.
IV Exploring Your Inner Artist.
15 Getting Creative with Filters.
16 Adding Lighting, Blur, and Distortion Special Effects.
17 Combining Images and Creating Collages.
18 Designing Stunning Graphics.
V Preparing for Print or Web.
19 Printing Your Work.
20 Preparing Images for the Web.
21 Creating Animated GIFs.
VI Going Beyond the Basics.
22 Exploring Advanced Color Calibration and Correction.
23 Creating and Using Automation Scripts.
24 Managing Your Designs.
25 Adding Plug-ins and Hardware Devices.
26 Expanding Your Photoshop Knowledge.
Appendix A: Troubleshooting and Tips.
Appendix B: Third-Party Filters, Brushes, and Actions.
Appendix C: Stock Photos, Clip Art, and Fonts.
Appendix D: Recommended Reading.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
The rise of BYOD programs is the single most radical shift in the economics of client computing for business since PCs invaded the workplace. Whether you are contemplating the creation ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia