The Kimball Group Reader: Relentlessly Practical Tools for Data Warehousing and Businss Intelligence
An unparalleled collection of recommended best practices from the data warehousing pioneers of the Kimball Group
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the most influential leaders in the data warehousing industry, Ralph Kimball and the Kimball Group have pioneered methods and standards that have been adopted by nearly every leading data warehouse vendor. For the first time ever, the Kimball Group's incomparable advice, design tips, and best practices have been gathered in this remarkable collection of articles, which spans a decade of data warehousing innovation.
Each group of articles is introduced with original commentaries that explain their role in the overall lifecycle methodology developed by the Kimball Group. These practical, hands-on articles are fully updated to reflect current practices and terminology; they cover such topics as pre-project planning, organizing the project, business requirements, data architecture, dimensional modeling, ETL, , technical architecture, business intelligence and analytics, and maintenance and growth.
- The Kimball Group is a world-renowned consulting and training group that has pioneered innovative data warehousing methods and techniques
- Presents a collection of updated articles that share best practices and invaluable advice on every major topic involved in designing, building, and managing a a data warehouse
- Covers the complete data warehouse lifecycle Provides novel data warehouse design techniques not found in their previously published books
This useful and easily referenced collection is nothing less than vital if you are involved with data warehousing in any capacity.
Ralph Kimball, PhD, is the Founder of the Kimball Group and a leading visionary in the data warehouse industry.
Margy Ross is President of the Kimball Group and has focused exclusively on DW/BI solutions since 1982.
Sign up now »
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
It can be argued that what distinguishes midsize businesses most from large and small companies is not size, but attitude. While attitude alone cannot mitigate the challenges faced by midsize ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One
- Dell targets ANZ security opportunities as SecureWorks debuts locally