The Art of Software Testing 2E
TOM BADGETT is Chief Information Officer for IdleAire Technologies Corporation and manages a team of software developers who design and maintain sophisticated, real-time billing and customer support systems for this national firm. He has published more than fifty books on software and hardware and has served as technical editor for PCjr Magazine and Digital News. He has written hundreds of articles for major computer-oriented magazines.
TODD M. THOMAS is a professional software developer and database administrator with over nine years of experience. His career has exposed him to all sizes of software projects for both the private and government sectors. He has also authored Java Data Access, a book on how to use Java technology to leverage enterprise data stores.
COREY SANDLER is President of Word Association, a developer of computer, science, business, and travel books for many of the country’s largest publishing companies. He is the author of the bestseller Fix Your Own PC, and a former editorial director and editor in chief of Digital News. He has also served as New York bureau chief for PC Week and first executive editor of PC Magazine.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Self-Assessment Test.
Chapter 2: The Psychology and Economics of Program Testing.
The Psychology of Testing.
The Economics of Testing.
Software Testing Principles.
Chapter 3: Program Inspections, Walkthroughs, and Reviews.
Inspections and Walkthroughs.
An Error Checklist for Inspections.
Data Reference Errors.
Chapter 4: Test-Case Design.
Chapter 5: Module (Unit) Testing.
Top-down versus Bottom-up Testing.
Performing the Test.
Chapter 6: Higher-Order Testing.
Performing the System Test.
Test Planning and Control.
Test Completion Criteria.
The Independent Test Agency.
Chapter 7: Debugging.
Debugging by Brute Force.
Debugging by Induction.
Debugging by Deduction.
Debugging by Backtracking.
Debugging by Testing.
Chapter 8: Extreme Testing.
Extreme Programming Basics.
Extreme Testing: The Concepts.
Extreme Unit Testing.
Extreme Testing Applied.
Test Driver and Application.
Chapter 9: Testing Internet Applications.
Basic E-commerce Architecture.
Presentation Layer Testing.
Business Layer Testing.
Data Layer Testing.
Appendix A: Sample Extreme Testing Application.
Appendix B: Prime Numbers Less Than 1,000.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Because cloud is still a new and evolving business model, it can be argued that the decision to select a cloud service provider should be approached with even greater diligence ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- Researchers find unusual malware targeting Tibetan users in cyberespionage operation
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia