Symbian OS C++ for Mobile Phones +CD
Programming Symbian OS is a key skill for mass market phone application development. Whether you are developing applications and services for shipping mobile phones, or involved in pre-market mobile phone development, this book will help you understand the fundamental theory behind developing Symbian OS C++ code for constrained devices.
- A collaborative book, incorporating the expertise of over 30 Symbian engineers
- Comprehensive coverage of Symbian OS suitable for programming Nokia and Sony Ericsson systems and any Symbian OS v7.0 based smartphone
- Also provides supporting material for Symbian OS v6.0 and v6.0 phones
- Accompanying CD includes demo version of Metrowerks toolchain for the P800
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
C++ and Object Orientation.
A Simple Graphical Application.
Strings and Descriptors.
Error Handling and Cleanup.
Dialogs and Concrete Controls.
Graphics for Display.
Graphics for Interaction.
Files, Streams, and Stores.
Device- and Size-independent Graphics.
A Mulituser Application.
The GSDP Server.
Appendix 1. Example Projects.
Appendix 2. Developer Resources.
Appendix 3. TOGS Guide and Reference.
Appendix 4 Emulator Reference.
Sign up now »
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative or a goal written in a plan document; it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia