Software Engineering:principles and Practice 3E
* Fully updated chapters on requirements engineering and software architecture.
* New chapters on component-based software engineering, service orientation and global software development.
* Extensive coverage of the human and social aspects of software development.
* Balanced coverage of both traditional, heavyweight development and agile, lightweight development approaches such as Extreme Programming (XP).
Written to support both introductory and advanced software engineering courses, this book is invaluable for everyone in software development and maintenance who wants an accessible account of the problems incurred in large-scale software development and the proposed solutions. A companion website with additional resources for students and instructors can be found at www.wileyeurope.com/college/van vliet
Table of Contents
Part I: Software Management.
2. Introduction to Software Engineering Management.
3. The Software Life Cycle Revisited.
4. Configuration Management.
5. People Management and Team Organization.
6. On Managing Software Quality.
7. Cost Estimation.
8. Project Planning and Control.
Part II: The Software Life Cycle.
9. Requirements Engineering.
11. Software Architecture.
12. Software Design.
13. Software Testing.
14. Software Maintenance.
15. Software Tools.
Part III: Advanced Topics.
16. User Interface Design.
17. Software Reusability.
18. Component-Based Software Engineering.
19. Service Orientation.
20. Global Software Development.
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
Virtualised datacentres, desktops, and cloud computing should be secured by the same strong protection technologies as physical machines. However, traditional agent-based solutions that are not architected for virtualisation can result ...
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
"Hi there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up ..."
Opinion: Why national e-health is not for everyone
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox
- Security Manager's Journal: NAC deployment means better access control at last
- Australian Information Security Association issues blunt warning as National Cyber Security Awareness Week begins
- Why don't risk management programs work?