Smashing Wordpress - Beyond the Blog
Push WordPress past its limits and take the basic blog into an entirely new blogosphere
Smashing Magazine is the world's most popular resource for web designers and developers, boasting more visits than leading Web sites and blogs. Smashing WordPress is the ultimate guide to WordPress, one of the hottest topics on the web today. Written by a WordPress expert, this exciting book breaks the barriers of blogging basics and shows you how to push WordPress to its limits-and beyond.
As a free and open source platform, WordPress has quickly grown to be the most popular choice for bloggers and it is being pushed beyond its original purposes to power some fairly advanced sites. Its loyal community is constantly developing new plugins and themes to extend its functionality, taking WordPress to a new level of popularity.
You'll learn how WordPress can serve as a CMS, a forum, a photo gallery, an e-commerce site, and more. Helpful and clear instructions explain how to build beautiful WordPress themes, create custom login forms and admin themes, and integrate theme options.
- WordPress is an open source platform traditionally used for blogging only-but capable of so much more
- Explains how to maximize the power of WordPress and use it as a photo gallery, an e-commerce site, a forum, and more
- Walks you through building plugins, integrating WordPress with the social Web, creating custom login forms and admin themes, and building WordPress projects for SEO
- Demonstrates how to use the Loop to control content and even use alternatives to the Loop
If you're hard-pressed for ideas on how to make the most of WordPress, then this is the book for you.
Sign up now »
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative or a goal written in a plan document; it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes