Simple Computer Security: Disinfect Your PC
- Hands-on guide to the CA Internet Security Suite, which includes Parental Controls (blocks offensive Web sites, controls program use, and monitors Internet activity); Anti-Spyware (sweeps PCs of malicious software like spyware and adware); Anti-Spam (ensures that computer users get messages from people they know, while redirecting messages from people they don't); Anti-Virus (detects and removes computer viruses); and Personal Firewall (prevents hackers from attacking a PC)
- CA will include a special version of their $70 suite free with this book, which contains separate applications for Parental Controls, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, and a Personal Firewall (good for 6 months)
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Table of Contents
Part I: Understand the Threats and Solutions.
Chapter 1: Viruses, Spyware, and Other Malware Infections.
Chapter 2: Spam, PC Intrusion, and Inappropriate Content.
Chapter 3: Solutions to Online Threats.
Part II: Detect and Eliminate Threats.
Chapter 4: Installing CA Internet Security Suite 2007.
Chapter 5: Using the CA Security Center.
Chapter 6: Detecting and Eliminating Viruses.
Chapter 7: Stopping Hackers from Attacking Your PC.
Chapter 8: Protecting Against Spyware and Adware.
Chapter 9: Blocking Spam.
Chapter 10: Blocking Offensive Websites.
Chapter 11: Ensuring Up-to-Date Protection.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
The new threat landscape has changed. Cybercriminals are aggressively pursuing valuable data assets, such as financial transaction information, product design blueprints, user credentials to sensitive systems, and other intellectual property. ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One