Secrets of Computer Espionage: Tactics and Countermeasures
* Author shares easily-implemented countermeasures against spying to detect and defeat eavesdroppers and other hostile individuals
* Addresses legal issues, including the U.S. Patriot Act, legal spying in the workplace, and computer fraud crimes
* Companion Web site contains links to security tools and useful security information resources
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Spies.
Chapter 2: Spying and the Law.
Chapter 3: Black Bag Jobs.
Chapter 4: Breaching the System.
Chapter 5: Searching for Evidence.
Chapter 6: Unprotecting Data.
Chapter 7: Copying Data.
Chapter 8: Snooping with Keyloggers.
Chapter 9: Spying with Trojan Horses.
Chapter 10: Network Eavesdropping.
Chapter 11: 802.11b Wireless Network Eavesdropping.
Chapter 12: Spying on Electronic Devices.
Chapter 13: Advanced Computer Espionage.
Appendix A: What's on the Web Site.
Sign up now »
Large organisations can no longer rely on preventive security systems, point security tools, manual processes, and hardened configurations to protect them from targeted attacks and advanced malware. Henceforth, security management ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes