Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Second Life Scripting
Dana Moore is ElectricSheep Expedition in Second Life, where he runs a shop, creates clothes, and writes tons of scripts. Michael Thome (Vex Streeter) is a scripter-for-hire who develops everything from games to virtual toys. Dr. Karen Haigh (Karzita Zabaleta) enjoys writing scripts that push the boundaries of what is possible in SL. The authors have a combined 50 years of experience as enterprise software developers and are computer scientists for Internet pioneer BBN Technologies.
Table of Contents
2. Getting your Avatar to stand up (and out).
3. Communications (to avs, but mostly setting stage for inter-prim comms).
4. Prims and Objects.
7. Combat: Push, Physics, Damage.
8. Interlude: Special Projects.
9. Special-Effects Department.
10. Reacting to the Virtual Environment.
11. Sound and Video (multimedia).
12. Interacting with the Real World.
13. Selling It.
14. Dealing with Problems.
17. A Look to the Future.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Are your requirements the need for faster release cycles, you have reduced budgets required to run and manage a complex test environment, and you want to decrease your third party ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia