QuickBooks 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies®
With eight books in one, QuickBooks 2008 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is your one-stop guide to successful small business financial management. Here's what you need to know, not just about setting up and using QuickBooks, but also about accounting chores, business planning, overall financial management, and much more.
The eight minibooks are
- An accounting primer
- Getting ready to use QuickBooks
- Bookkeeping chores
- Accounting chores
- Financial management
- Business plans
- Care and maintenance
- Additional business resources
QuickBooks 2008 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies show you how to set up and customize QuickBooks, create invoices and pay vendors, track job or project costs, prepare financial statements and reports, and even simplify tax return preparation. Written by a veteran tax planner and CPA, this book and QuickBooks 2008 will make all that number-crunching a lot more bearable.
Table of Contents
Book I: An Accounting Primer.
Chapter 1: Principles of Accounting.
Chapter 2: Double-Entry Bookkeeping.
Chapter 3: Special Accounting Problems.
Book II: Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks.
Chapter 1: Setting Up QuickBooks.
Chapter 2: Loading the Master File Lists.
Chapter 3: Fine-Tuning QuickBooks.
Book III: Housekeeping Chores.
Chapter 1: Invoicing Customers.
Chapter 2: Paying Vendors.
Chapter 3: Tracking Inventory and Items.
Chapter 4: Managing Cash and Bank Accounts.
Chapter 5: Paying Employees.
Book IV: Accounting Chores.
Chapter 1: For Accountants Only.
Chapter 2: Preparing Financial Statements and Reports.
Chapter 3: Preparing a Budget.
Chapter 4: Using Activity-Based Costing.
Chapter 5: Setting Up Project and Job Costing Systems.
Book V: Financial Management.
Chapter 1: Ratio Analysis.
Chapter 2: Economic Value Added Analysis.
Chapter 3: Capital Budgeting in a Nutshell.
Book VI: Business Plans.
Chapter 1: Profit-Volume-Cost Analysis.
Chapter 2: Creating a Business Plan Forecast.
Chapter 3: Writing a Business Plan.
Book VII: Care and Maintenance.
Chapter 1: Administering QuickBooks.
Chapter 2: Protecting Your Data.
Chapter 3: Troubleshooting.
Book VIII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: A Crash Course in Excel.
Appendix B: Government Web Resources for Businesses.
Appendix C: Glossary of Accounting and Financial Terms.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Aurora hackers said to have accessed law enforcement targets
- Microsoft may be scanning your Skype messages
- Researchers find critical vulnerabilities in popular game engines
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- Coping with brand management: Diageo’s story
- IBM launches Watson customer service smart bot
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy