QuickBooks 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies
Your one-stop guide to managing your small business finances more efficiently
QuickBooks is the leading accounting program for small businesses, and this book gives you a handy reference to all its parts. Set up QuickBooks for your business, load your files, create invoices, pay vendors, understand job costing and capital budgeting, and even get tips on writing your business plan. It all adds up to success!
Discover how to
- Install and set up QuickBooks
- Track your inventory and items
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Set up project and job costing systems
- Protect your data
- Save on business taxes
Table of Contents
Book I: An Accounting Primer.
Chapter 1: Principles of Accounting.
Chapter 2: Double-Entry Bookkeeping.
Chapter 3: Special Accounting Problems.
Book II: Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks.
Chapter 1: Setting Up QuickBooks.
Chapter 2: Loading the Master File Lists.
Chapter 3: Fine-Tuning QuickBooks.
Book III: Housekeeping Chores.
Chapter 1: Invoicing Customers.
Chapter 2: Paying Vendors.
Chapter 3: Tracking Inventory and Items.
Chapter 4: Managing Cash and Bank Accounts.
Chapter 5: Paying Employees.
Book IV: Accounting Chores.
Chapter 1: For Accountants Only.
Chapter 2: Preparing Financial Statements and Reports.
Chapter 3: Preparing a Budget.
Chapter 4: Using Activity-Based Costing.
Chapter 5: Setting Up Project and Job Costing Systems.
Book V: Financial Management.
Chapter 1: Ratio Analysis.
Chapter 2: Economic Value Added Analysis.
Chapter 3: Capital Budgeting in a Nutshell.
Book VI: Business Plans.
Chapter 1: Profit-Volume-Cost Analysis.
Chapter 2: Creating a Business Plan Forecast.
Chapter 3: Writing a Business Plan.
Book VII: Care and Maintenance.
Chapter 1: Setting Up a Peer-to-Peer Network.
Chapter 2: Administering QuickBooks.
Chapter 3: Protecting Your Data.
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting.
Book VIII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: A Crash Course in Excel.
Appendix B: Government Web Resources for Businesses.
Appendix C: Glossary of Accounting and Financial Terms.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
Storage systems today must match agility with diversified I/O performance to satisfy an enterprise’s changing needs. In their review, Silverton Consulting ranks the NetApp FAS6240 Clustered SAN, as an Enterprise ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia