Quake 4 Mods for Dummies
Build single- and multi-player levels, add scripts, and share your mods
Ever wonder what Quake 4 would be like if it included that especially cool weapon you dreamed up? Here's the fun and easy way? to find out. Start by creating a basic level, and then discover how to include your own weapons and effects, change colors, add textures, and send your creations out into the world.
Everything you need to get started --
* Adobe? Photoshop? Elements tryout version
* WinZip? evaluation version
* The Compressonator and NormalGapGenerator by ATI Technologies, Inc.
* Sample tools, textures, and examples from the book
* For details and complete system requirements, see the CD-ROM appendix.
Discover how to
* Work with various modding tools
* Develop a map
* Alter user interfaces
* Paint and decorate your level
* Script advanced actions
* Distribute your creations online
Table of Contents
Part I: The ABCs of Modding.
Chapter 1: Modifying the Game.
Chapter 2: Getting Familiar with Modding Tools and Techniques.
Chapter 3: Breaking Down the Game.
Part II: Making Your Own Maps.
Chapter 4: Getting Set Up for Mapping.
Chapter 5: Creating Your First Game Map.
Chapter 6: Decorating the Scene.
Chapter 7: Adding Lights and a Player.
Chapter 8: Putting the Pieces Together.
Part III: Expanding Your Creation.
Chapter 9: Expanding Your Map with Additions.
Chapter 10: Building with Optimization in Mind.
Chapter 11: Heading to the Great Outdoors.
Chapter 12: Adding a Few Details.
Chapter 13: Playing Alone or with Someone Else.
Part IV: Going Beyond the Basics.
Chapter 14: Scripting Advanced Actions.
Chapter 15: Creating Custom Textures.
Chapter 16: Gaming with GUIs.
Chapter 17: Separating Your Files.
Chapter 18: Re-Skinning the Models.
Chapter 19: Showing the World.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Great Tips and Tricks.
Chapter 21:Ten Great Mods.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
The Cloud isn’t about locality. It is about quality of service delivery, cost, and whether the services consumed satisfy our objectives. For the enterprise, you need to select the right ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia