Programming with Objects: A Comparative Presentation of Object-oriented Programming with C++ and Java
Your essential comparative approach to learning C++ and Java
Programming with Objects: A Comparative Presentation of Object-Oriented Programming with C++ and Java, a comparative presentation of object-oriented programming with two of the most popular programming languages of today, teaches vital skills and techniques for the Internet age. Based on highly successful courses taught by the author, this book answers the need for a comprehensive educational program on the subject of object-oriented programming. In a clear and accessible format, the author compares and contrasts both languages, from basic language constructs to how both languages are used in application-level programming, such as graphics programming, network programming, and database programming.
Since both C++ and Java were born out of the same language, C, learning these two languages together has several distinct advantages:
- Because they have much in common at the level of basic language structures, learning C++ and Java together saves time and facilitates the mastery of each
- Learning by contrast and comparison can be more efficient and enjoyable, allowing readers access to the strengths and weaknesses of both languages
- Learning to write a program in one language that corresponds to a given program in the other language enables students to tackle more difficult projects in either language
- Comparing similar concepts in the two languages leads to a deeper understanding of the concepts in both
Roughly the first half of the text is devoted to basic language issues. More advanced topics are detailed in the second half, including programming of graphical user interfaces, multithreading, network programming, and database programming.
Designed as a text for educational programs in advanced programming and as a reference for professionals implementing Web- and Internet-based applications, Programming with Objects: A Comparative Presentation of Object-Oriented Programming with C++ and Java is also recommended for programmers familiar with either language who wish to expand their programming skills.
Table of Contents
The Notion of a Class and Some Other Key Ideas.
Using the Container Classes.
The Primitive Types and Their Input/Output.
Declarations, Definitions, and Initializations.
Object Reference and Memory Allocation.
Functions and Methods.
Classes, The Rest of the Story.
Overloading Operators in C++.
Generics and Templates.
Modeling Diagrams for OO Programs.
Multiple Inheritance in C++.
OO for Graphical User Interfaces, A Tour of Three Toolkits.
Multithreaded Object-Oriented Programming.
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to SharePoint 2013. These best practices also apply to migrations to most earlier versions of SharePoint. Download now.
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
"Hi there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up ..."
Opinion: Why national e-health is not for everyone
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox
- Security Manager's Journal: NAC deployment means better access control at last
- Australian Information Security Association issues blunt warning as National Cyber Security Awareness Week begins
- Why don't risk management programs work?