Programming in Cobol/400 2E
* Increased coverage of ILE COBOL and subfiles.
Table of Contents
2. An Introduction to Programming in COBOL/400.
3. Defining Files and Processing Data.
4. Printing Reports.
5. Designing Structured Programs.
6. Moving Data and Text Manipulation.
7. Computing in COBOL: The Arithmetic Verbs.
8. Decision-Making Using the IF and EVALUATE Statements.
9. Iteration: Beyond the Basic PERFORM.
10. The COPY and CALL Statements.
11. Logical Files.
12. Control Break Processing.
13. Random File Access for Keyed Files.
14. Interactive Programming.
15. Single-Level Arrays and Tables.
16. Multiple-Level Arrays and Tables.
17. Subfile Programming.
Appendix A. The 5250 Keyboard.
Appendix B. COBOL Character Set and Reserved Words.
Appendix C. CRTBNDCBL Command and PROCESS Statement.
Additional chapters available from the Programming in COBOL/400 web site
18. Working in the iSeries Programming Environment.
19. Externally Described Printer Files.
20. Sorting and Merging.
Appendix D. Differences Between COBOL 74 and COBOL 85.
Appendix E. Solutions to Chapter self-test Questions.
Appendix F. Glossary.
Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Lawyers work hard, and they work fast. Any activity that takes their focus away from the task at hand represents lost productivity and lost revenue. Slater & Gordon Lawyers needed ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia