Professional Windows Live Programming
- Windows Live is the collective name for a group of Microsoft tools whose services and user data are available anywhere-without ever having to install an application
- Windows Live currently consists of: Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Safety Center, Windows Live Favorites, Windows Live OneCare, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Search, and Windows Live Local
- Certified Microsoft Software Developer Jon Arking shares his experience in developing for Windows Live, and teaches readers how to build applications that embrace the Windows Live platform
- Packed with examples, this hands-on guide offers an insightful look at the tools and technologies behind Windows Live, using the MSN Activities APIs, building mapping applications with Virtual Earth APIs, and developing Gadgets for both online and Windows Vista
- Also examines integrating MSN Search capabilities as well as Live services into existing sites with Live custom domains
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Background of Windows Live.
Chapter 2: Knowing the Platforms and Services.
Chapter 3: Overview of Windows Live SDKs.
Chapter 4: Windows Live Search.
Chapter 5: Virtual Earth.
Chapter 6: Windows Live ID.
Chapter 7: Windows Live Expo.
Chapter 8: Windows Live Spaces.
Chapter 9: Windows Live Messenger.
Chapter 10: Windows Live Gadgets.
Chapter 11: Custom Domains.
Appendix A: HTML/DHTML Primer.
Appendix B: ASP.NET for Web Developers.
Appendix C: C# .NET for Web Developers.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Storage systems today must match agility with diversified I/O performance to satisfy an enterprise’s changing needs. In their review, Silverton Consulting ranks the NetApp FAS6240 Clustered SAN, as an Enterprise ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia