Table of Contents
I. Fundamentals of Professional Development.
1. Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming.
2. Unified Modeling Language (UML).
3. Putting Objects to Work.
4. Design Patterns.
6. Database Abstraction and PDO.
II. Learning Advanced Development Techniques.
7. Object-Relation Mapping.
8. Event-Driven Programming.
9. Logging and Debugging.
10. Writing and Using Web Services.
11. Communicating with Users.
12. Sessions and Authentication.
13. Application Architecture.
14. PHP Application Frameworks.
III. A Real-World Case Study.
15. Project Overview.
16. Project Management.
17. Project Planning.
18. Systems Architecture.
19. Building the Application.
20. Quality Assurance and Testing.
IV. Pushing PHP to Its Limits.
22. Content Management in the PHP World.
23. Handling High Traffic and High Availability.
24. PHP Advocacy.
25. Your Career as a PHP Professional.
Appendix A. Version control.
Appendix B. PHP IDEs.
Appendix C. Performance Tuning PHP.
Appendix D. Best Practice PHP Installation.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTR&D EngineerSA
The rise of BYOD programs is the single most radical shift in the economics of client computing for business since PCs invaded the workplace. Whether you are contemplating the creation ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia