Practical Support for Lean Six Sigma Software Process Definition: Using IEEE Software Engineering Standards with CD
Susan K. Land is employed by MITRE, a not-for-profit organization chartered to operate in the public interest. She has more than twenty years of industry experience in the practical application of software engineering methodologies. Ms. Land is an active volunteer supporting the IEEE Computer Society. A former vice president of the Standards Activities Board (SAB) for the Computer Society, she now serves as a member of this board and as a member of the Software and Systems Engineering Standards Committee (S2ESC). She is also the author of Jumpstart CMM®/CMMI® Software Process Improvement: Using IEEE Software Engineering Standards, and with John W. Walz, Practical Support for CMMI® SW Software Project Documentation: Using IEEE Software Engineering Standards, and Practical Support for ISO 9001 Software Project Documentation: Using IEEE Software Engineering Standards (all published by Wiley). DOUGLAS B. SMITH is a Northrop Grumman Information Technology Technical Fellow and Program Manager of the Northrop Grumman IT Defense Group Lean Six Sigma Program. He is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and has been involved in process improvement since 1987. He is a member of the IEEE and IEEE Computer Society. JOHN W. WALZ retired as senior manager of supply chain management at Lucent Technologies. His thirty-year career at Lucent & AT&T was highlighted by customer-focused and results-oriented management. Mr. Walz is Vice President of the SAB and also serves as a member of the S2ESC.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
The results of PwC’s annual Global Information Security Survey indicate that companies are confident in their efforts to secure systems, information, and privacy. Strategies and personnel are in place, they ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB