Photoshop Elements All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies
Your one-stop, full-color guide to every aspect of Photoshop Elements
Photoshop Elements is a powerful image editor that helps you create, edit, fix, organize, and share photos in hundreds of creative ways, and this book puts the power at your fingertips. Manage your images, work with layers, retouch less-than-perfect pictures, create cool special effects, share your work in print or online, and have fun doing it!
Discover how to:
* Navigate the Elements workspace
* Acquire images from digital cameras, CDs, and scanners
* Correct exposure and color
* Replace the background in a photo
* Prepare images for display on the Web
* Create sharp and colorful images for printing
Table of Contents
Book I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: To Begin at the Beginning.
Chapter 2: Checking Out the Elements Workspace.
Chapter 3: The Toolbox, Options, and Other Essential Stuff.
Chapter 4: Paletts and Shapes.
Book II: Acquiring Images.
Chapter 1: Input from a Digital Camera.
Chapter 2: Input from a CD.
Chapter 3: Input from a Scanner.
Chapter 4: Input from Other Applications.
Book III: Color Correction.
Chapter 1: Correcting Image Exposure.
Chapter 2: Improving Color Balance.
Book IV: Creating and Using Selections.
Chapter 1: Creating Basic Selections.
Chapter 2: Creating Freeform Selections.
Chapter 3: Still More Selection Tools.
Chapter 4: Modifying What You Selected.
Book V: Working with Layers.
Chapter 1: Getting a Selection onto a Layer.
Chapter 2: Changing Layer Properties.
Chapter 3: Layer Blending Modes.
Book VI: Basic Image Retouching.
Chapter 1: Fixing Photo Defects.
Chapter 2: Healing Images and Photography Tips.
Chapter 3: Using Filters.
Book VII: Typing the Text.
Chapter 1: Working with the Type Tools.
Chapter 2: Using Different Fonts.
Chapter 3: Adding a Professional Typographical Touch.
Chapter 4: Text Special Effects.
Book VIII: Ambitious Image Retouching.
Chapter 1: Moving Subjects to a Different Background Image.
Chapter 2: Changing Reality.
Chapter 3: Creating Finishing Touches to Reality (and Fantasy).
Book IX: Creating Special-Effects Images.
Chapter 1: Creating Otherworldly Images.
Chapter 2: Stretching Reality.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
It’s an exciting yet daunting time to be a security professional. Security threats are becoming more aggressive and voracious. This whitepaper examines the escalating complexity for the security management environment; ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia