Photoshop Elements 6 for Dummies
Photoshop Elements 6 is a reasonably priced, full-featured, powerful image-editing program for Windows (Adobe stopped supporting Elements for Mac with version 4.) This colorful guide helps you make the most of all its coolest features. You'll quickly get familiar with the work area and all the tools; be able to find, organize, and manage your images; correct common mistakes; and explore fun ways to share your photos. You’ll discover how to:
- Acquire images from your camera or scanner
- Organize your files and photos you so can quickly find what you’re looking for
- Crop and straighten pictures, fix exposure, and clean up dust and scratches
- Create sharp and colorful images for printing
- Correct color, contrast, and clarity
- Combine multiple images into creative collages
- Use filters to create different effects
- Turn your photos into slide shows, movie files, or Web-hosted images
Elements has something for everyone, from beginning dabblers to serious photo hobbyists to professionals. With plenty of full-color illustrations that show what you can achieve, this friendly guide will help you use Elements to make the most of your digital photos.
Ted Padova: In addition to writing several books on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, Ted is the world’s leading author of books on Adobe Acrobat. He is also a co-author of Adobe Acrobat 8 PDF Bible, Adobe Creative Suite Bible, Color Correction For Digital Photographers Only, and Color Management for Digital Photographers For Dummies (all from Wiley). Ted spends most of his time writing and speaking at conferences and expos nationally and internationally.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know the Work Area.
Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Edit.
Chapter 3: Working with Resolutions, Color Modes, and File Formats.
Part II: Getting Organized.
Chapter 4: Getting Your Images.
Chapter 5: Viewing and Finding Your Images.
Chapter 6: Organizing and Managing Your Photos.
Part III: Selecting and Correcting Photos.
Chapter 7: Making and Modifying Selections.
Chapter 8: Working with Layers.
Chapter 9: Simple Image Makeovers.
Chapter 10: Correcting Contrast, Color, and Clarity.
Part IV: Exploring Your Inner Artist.
Chapter 11: Playing with Filters, Effects, Styles, and More.
Chapter 12: Drawing and Painting.
Chapter 13: Working with Type.
Part V: Printing, Creating, and Sharing.
Chapter 14: Getting It on Paper.
Chapter 15: Showing It Onscreen.
Chapter 16: Making Creations and Sharing.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Tips for Composing Better Photos.
Chapter 18: Ten More Project Ideas.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Cloud computing promises to help midmarket companies reduce cost and complexity in the IT equation – and gain the flexibility and agility they need to thrive. Yet charting a clear ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB