Oracle8i for Dummies, 2nd Edition
Table of Contents
Part I: Road Map.
Chapter 1: A Quick Tour of Oracle8i.
Chapter 2: Data Whaaaat? A Database Primer.
Chapter 3: SQL Nuts and Bolts.
Chapter 4: Object SQL: The New Stuff.
Chapter 5: Using the Enterprise Manager DBA Tools.
Part II: Getting Started.
Chapter 6: The Relational Model and You.
Chapter 7: Diagramming Your World.
Chapter 8: Getting Familiar with Oracle8i Data-Dictionary Views.
Chapter 9: Oracle's User.
Part III: Putting Oracle8i to Work.
Chapter 10: Defining Tables, Tablespaces, and Columns.
Chapter 11: Creating Object Types, Objects, and References.
Chapter 12: Security Options: Roles and Grants.
Chapter 13: Views and Synonyms: Do You See What I See?
Chapter 14: Oracle Portal: The Best New Tool for the Internet.
Chapter 15: Java and the Internet Database.
Chapter 16: XML and Enterprise Java Beans.
Chapter 17: The Five Ws of Safeguarding Your Data.
Part IV: Tuning Up and Turbocharging.
Chapter 18: What's Slowing Down Your Query?
Chapter 19: Speeding Up Queries with Keys and Indexes.
Chapter 20: Correcting Flaws.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten Tips for Good Design.
Chapter 22: Ten Handy Oracle8i Internet Features.
Part VI: Appendix.
Book Registration Information.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to SharePoint 2013. These best practices also apply to migrations to most earlier versions of SharePoint. Download now.
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia