Objects, Abstraction, Data Structures and Design: Using Java 5.0
This revolutionary book intertwines problem solving and software engineering with the study of traditional data structures topics. The book emphasizes the use of objects and object-oriented design. Early chapters provide background coverage of software engineering. Then, in the chapters on data structures, these principles are applied. The authors encourage use of a five-step process for the solution of case studies: problem specification, analysis, design, implementation, and testing. As is done in industry, these steps are sometimes performed in an iterative fashion rather than in strict sequence. The Java Application Programming Interface (API) is used throughout the text. Wherever possible, the specification and interface for a data structure follow the Java Collections Framework.
- Emphasizes the use of objects and object-oriented design
- Provides a primer on the Java language and offers background coverage of software engineering
- Encourages an iterative five-step process for the solution of case studies: problem specification, analysis, design, implementation, and testing
- The Java Application Programming Interface (API) is used throughout
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Software Design.
Chapter 2. Program Correctness and Efficiency.
Chapter 3. Inheritance and Class Hierarchies.
Chapter 4. Lists and the Collection Interface.
Chapter 5. Stacks.
Chapter 6. Queens.
Chapter 7. Recursion.
Chapter 8. Trees.
Chapter 9. Sets and Maps.
Chapter 10. Sorting.
Chapter 11. Self-Balancing Search Trees.
Chapter 12. Graphs.
Appendix A: Introduction to Java.
Appendix B: Overview of UML.
Appendix C: Event-Oriented Programming.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
For businesses looking to provide real-time business solutions to employees and customers alike, you need to have a comprehensive network management strategy. The network is the foundation of all successful ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia