Object-oriented Analysis and Design - Understanding System Development with UML
A single case study running through the text provides a realistic example showing development from an initial proposal through to a finished system. Key artifacts such as the requirements document and detailed designs are included. For each aspect of the case study, there is an exercise for the reader to produce similar documents for a different system.
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting the Scene.
2. Object Concepts.
4. Type Systems.
5. Software Development Methodologies.
Part II: Understanding the Problem.
6. Gathering Requirements.
7. Analyzing the Problem.
Part III: Designing the Solution.
8. Designing the System Architecture.
9. Choosing Technologies.
10. Designing the Subsystems.
11. Reusable Design Patterns.
12. Specifying the Interfaces of Classes.
13. Continuous Testing.
Appendix A: Ripple Summary.
Appendix B: iCoot Case Study.
Appendix C: Summary of UML Notation Used.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
More and more enterprises are seeing significant benefits from allowing employees to choose the device they use to get their jobs done, and are adopting bring your own device (BYOD) ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia