Networking Self-teaching Guide: Osi, Tcp/Ip, Lans, Mans, Wans, Implementation, Management, and Maintenance
James Edwards has over 10 years of experience as a Premium Support Network Engineer. He also served as a technical editor and expert in networking technologies.
Rich Bramante has been a network engineer for 10 years as well as a technical lead. He was also a technical writer for functional specifications and testing procedures.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Networking.
2. LANs, WANs, and MANs.
3. Network Hardware and Transmission Media.
4. Operating Systems and Networking Software.
5. The TCP/IP Protocol Suite.
6. Ethernet Concepts.
7. Not To Be Forgotten.
Part II: The OSI Layers.
8. The Upper Layers.
9. The Transport Layer.
10. The Network Layer.
11. The Data Link Layer.
Part III: Network Design and Implementation.
12. Design Methodologies.
Part IV: Managing and Maintaining the Network.
14. Network Security.
15. Network Management.
A. Additional Exercises.
B. Exercise Answers.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative or a goal written in a plan document; it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia